Dare I ask this, but....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve~Jobs, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Steve~Jobs macrumors newbie

Okay I'm ready for the flaming, but wanted to start a friendly discussion on the following questions now that the iPhone 5 was officially announced...

1. Do you believe Steve Jobs helped with the iPhone 5 at all?

2. Do you believe this is the last iPhone that Steve had any say on?

3. Do you think that Steve would change anything about it?

Looking forward to a friendly discussion on this.

:apple: RIP Steve, it's a sad day without you at the Keynote :apple:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

He did not help manufacturing in current time but his influence was there. This is well discussed here.
    No.
    No because he is dead.

Your friendly discussion is being discussed all over this site.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My guess is that it's definitely got Jobs stamp of approval on it.

That's the reason they stayed with a narrow width, and simply elongated the display to provide a few more millimeters in length. He was very clingy when it came to the little screen.

Next year, they will have an opportunity to give us something fresh and new. I cannot help but think that a J. Ive designed iPhone would certainly look a lot better than this recycled look.

Time will tell.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I don't really care. He's passed away and may he rest in peace, and yes, he did wonderful things. But I don't feel any special onneness with a guy I never met, just because maybe he might've worked on this phone.

I will evaluate the iPhone 5 on its features and merits, and buy it because I think it's a good phone. That's it.

Not to mention, this is exactly what Steve asked his employees to do. I think it's actually fitting and respectful that we do the same.

See my answer to #1

See my answer to #1.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Thank you. Well said.

Getting old trying to GUESS how much one person impacted this phone.

And, by the way, it sure would help if your TITLE was a bit more descriptive so the rest of us would not waste time opening thread number 3,783 asking about Steve Jobs and the Iphone 5.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Honestly, I think Tim is in charge and I think Tim is a little less obsessive about a lot of things. Considering the 4 and 4S, I don't see how the 5 says "Steve" anywhere on it. It seems like a natural (and slow) progression from its predecessors. I'm not saying it's not a nice phone, it looks great, solid, I'm sure it's a joy to use. But that can be said about most Apple products.

It's sad to say, but it's time to let go of that Steve Jobs ideology. Let's just be thankful him and his dreams were able to take flight and improve the way we use technology. Tim Cook is an incredibly competent business man, and he will be able to carry the torch for a good while.

7. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Ha ha, if I weren't taken. :cool: