Dark Menu Bar Gone?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by snagnyou, Aug 28, 2018.

1. snagnyou macrumors member

Appearance: Light
    Menu Bar: Dark?

Looks like we lost this functionality in Mojave? Or is there a way to bring this back?

Err!!!

2. CLS7 macrumors member

CLS7

• Turn the dark mode on.
    • Open terminal and type in: defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool YES and press enter.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • The menubar and the dock should now be in dark mode and the finder windows should be in light mode.

3. TimothyR734 macrumors 65816

TimothyR734

If you wish to go back to full dark mode defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool FALSE then enter and reboot

4. WeezyWally macrumors newbie

WeezyWally

I've left feedback regarding this. We need the ability to have light theme with dark menu bar / dock. I don't like the dark finder but I love the dark menu bar. I will try the hack above, but hope it makes it's way into settings.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 29, 2018 ---
    Thanks for this. worked a treat. Will this cause any issues if Apple decide to include this in options in the future?

5. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

How on earth did you figure out this terminal cmd-line?! ?? Nicely done btw.

6. WeezyWally macrumors newbie

WeezyWally

Does anyone know if this broke anything for them? I'm just trying to narrow a problem down as some of my programs are having odd UI bugs where some things are transparent or red. I did the terminal command to revert to normal, but not sure if this permanently damaged the UI.