Darker Grey (Closer to black) with Spinning wheel during shut down.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pekkle, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Pekkle macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I have owned several macbooks recently. namely rMBP and MBA. They are all silky smooth time it setups up. But today, I got this new rMBP and the very first time it setups, the mouse movement on the touch pad was very jerky and not smooth at all. After setup, I updated the to the latest software and tried to shut down the macbook and what I saw as something I didn't see before. Instead of the light grey color shutdown screen. This one was a Dark grey screen with a spinning wheel. Even though it did shut down after that and the jerky movement of the mouse stopped and now everything is smooth running. but I was worried if this is some kind of issue like a "kernel panic"? or some kind of hardware issue?

Would you guys recommend to exchange it for another macbook?

2. Pekkle thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to add some more details. This only happen once during the initial setup. Any other shutdown you get the normal grey screen. So if I tried to restore the system, it will do it again the very first time you shut it down. I have tried it three times with same results. Maybe this is normal shut down screen for the very first shutdown after you enter all your info during the initial setup process!
    Does anyone remember what OSX Maverick first time shutdown looks like after the initial setup? Please help me and I will be forever grateful! :)

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Needless panic

Probably just a quick disk check and organise due to it being your first shutdown. As long as the computer is working fine don't worry about it. If I worried as much as half of you guys about my apple 'tools' I wouldn't buy them what a drag.