Data plan on 4s w/ cut sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Nov 21, 2011.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

If I cut my SGS2 sim and put it in an iphone 4s will ATT notice and change my data? I currently have "smartphone unlimited" data. I want to be able to switch back and forth but don't want my unlimited data to get messed up.

Also, does cutting the sim affect anything if I do it correctly?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's a specific data plan for iPhone that you need. Not to worry, AT&T will have no problem switching you to iPhone unlimited. You can switch to any smartphone unlimited plan from any smartphone unlimited plan you have (Android to iPhone, Blackberry to WP7, WP7 to Android, etc). Just call them and have them do it. There's a specific "4S" plan too, which should enable the faster speeds.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

I really want to switch quite often so calling in each time really isn't too fun. What would happen to my plan if I just didn't call in? Would it just stay as smartphone unlimited or would they switch it automatically to iphone unlimited if they detected the iphone?

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

They'll notice. They'll know what phone you're using. They probably will do a lateral switch the unlimited iPhone plan. That is the only scenario that makes sense.

Sim is just plastic, until you get to actual electronic stuff. Be careful there.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't think it will change (at least, I don't remember it changing for me when I did it ... only problem was that data didn't work so I had to call and switch).