Date & Time 'set automatically' so it can't be changed?

sickman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
I set up Screen Time on my 2 kid's iphone 6S and somehow on one of them, the 'set automatically' date & time setting was greyed out so this could not be turned off. I'm trying to set my other kid's iphone like this, but have no idea where this setting change was made, but assume it was in Screen Time though I can't find where?

Reason for this is there's a bug in Screen Time and all my kid has to do once they used up all their time in an app is just change the time back on phone and it allows them to continue using the app.

nicho

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2008
all my kid has to do once they used up all their time in an app is just change the time back on phone and it allows them to continue using the app.
Joke's on you, with set automatically all they have to do is jump out the window and run away to the next or next-but-one state ;)

sickman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically
This is where it is greyed out for one of my kids phone but not the other. Would like to change it so it is greyed out on the other phone as well but don't know where to make the change.

ectospheno

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
If your child turned the stove on for no reason and walked away would you then attempt to install a child safety device that didn't allow them to turn on the stove or would you solve the problem in a more creative fashion?

Why is your phone any different? Set a max time and tell them to stick with it. If they don't then handle as you would in the above situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.