Day 1 Apple Watch 42MM Sport - Applecare+ - Replace With Dual Core?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jalpert, Oct 24, 2016.

1. jalpert macrumors 6502

I have a day 1 Apple Watch 42mm sport that I am going to exchange because it's scratched up and I have Applecare+. Will they replace it with a dual core model since it's now the lowest sold or do they have a stash of units with the old processor? Anyone do this yet?

Thanks.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

NOPE. Also AC+ doesn't cover cosmetic damages.

3. jalpert thread starter macrumors 6502

Of course AppleCare+ covers cosmetic damage. The deductible is $30 IIRC.

Has anyone actually exchange one and know if I will get a dual core?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You have a choice of a Gold Edition or I you can get a Ceramic Edition with 3 bands. :rolleyes::D

http://www.apple.com/support/products/watch.html

5. jalpert thread starter macrumors 6502

6. tonoboon macrumors regular

tonoboon

Nope , you will get the S1 CPU , not S1P ,I ask the support.
    But if you get the S1P please update .

7. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Apple will only replace your watch with the exact same model, not the next one up.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Scratches are not covered.

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplusnaen.html

9. Riley0818 macrumors member

On an unrelated note: If I take my G1 Chevy Volt in for warranty work, do you think they will swap the battery in the new G2 for me? I'll pay the warranty deductible of course!

:rolleyes:

Apple will give you exactly what you are owed. A first generation, S1, Apple Watch. They didn't sell that well (still tons of old stock) so I wouldn't count on them running out any time soon either...

As an aside, if you are upfront about it (and willing to pay the deductible on an existing AC+ policy), Apple is usually very liberal about allowing exchanges for cosmetic damage. Not always, and it IS against the rules as written, but they realize you could just "accidently" bash it against the wall and come back, so most of the time they are willing to just swap it (for the deductible, and only for a like model, of course).

10. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

They only replace it with what you originally bought, unless they are discontinued.

11. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Correct but they wont replace it because its scratched

12. ckiggins macrumors 6502

This is a simple fix, "accidentally" smash the screen entirely. It is no longer just scratched and is now eligible for AC+.

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Fraud, why not just steal it? Shoplifting is a more minor crime than fraud. Also is this a testament to your morals?

14. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Some of you guys act like your the morality police. His watch is scratched up. Why not get it replaced if he already paid for the service. I'm sure there are plenty of people who never use the service but Pay. But I know customer service has declined a lot but a few years ago I had a friend and his IPod Touch had stopped working it was also heavily scratched up. At the time the previous model had been discontinued and they upgraded him right on the spot. But yeah I'm sure the have plenty of refurbished one of your model so I highly doubt you'll get a newer version.

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Our entire civilization is balance on the thin pillar of morality. Remove one brick and it becomes less stable. Add a brick and contribute to humanity.:D;)

16. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

But that's the thing about morality. It can be very subjective. What might be morally wrong to you might not be morally wrong to me. Now I'm not saying what he is suggesting to do is right or wrong. But just think we need to stop judging others for there actions. What is that old saying,"let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Alot of times we are throwing stones before we even know what is really going on.

17. Riley0818 macrumors member

Give me a rock.

Agreed about morality though. It is all about what you are willing to do and be able to sleep at night. If anyone thinks that people like the CEO of Wells Fargo or "predatory" lenders have trouble with the "morality" of what they're doing, I've got news for you: they don't. They sleep like babies. Babies on big piles of money. Your morals are just that, your morals. There are about a million things worse than using AC+ to repair cosmetic damage to a luxury item.

If it hurts your feelings so much that someone else might be doing things like that, I'd suggest thinking less about their "morals" and more about your own sense of scope =).

If Apple cared, it'd be REALLY easy to stop. They don't.

Just explain the situation, pay the deductible, and enjoy your refurb'd S1 AW! If you run into a jackass genius at least you tried to do it the right way first (without smashing it "accidently"). You get serious moral points that way, and coupled with the internet points you've already won for this thread, you can practically retire!

18. jalpert thread starter macrumors 6502

You have not seen my "scratches." Deep gouges all done while I was doing some every day tasks. The watch is messed up, for me it's everyday wear and tear. Nothing was done on purpose, and while the screen isn't technically cracked it's a mess.

I'm not worried about it being covered in a 100% by the book Way.

I'm fine with a 1:1 replacement, I was just curious.

19. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Wow nice. Advertise Fraud.

20. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

People get bent out of shape about this stuff because it drives up the cost of AppleCare for everyone. You think Apple is paying for all those screens? Not

21. Jetro macrumors regular

Jetro

It would be nice if you could just get a discount on the newer one but they won't issue that because they'd have to carry the AppleCare over to it.