Day off, want an iPhone 5S, Early AM. Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by serialtoon, Sep 25, 2013.

1. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I want to pickup an iPhone 5S 32GB in Space Gray. I finally have a day off and its 8AM SoCal time. Whats my best bet to walk in and pick one up retail? I dont have an upgrade to dole out, so I will be buying full price. I noticed that BestBuy has some and they arent opened for another 2 hours, but they HATE when you dont upgrade from them and they often shoo away non-contract purchasers. Apple *MAY* have some, but more than likely they wont. Anyone care to help me out?

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

What do you expect us to do? Give your local apple store a call and ask them what they have.

3. kenknotts macrumors 6502

Which carrier? I have a 32gb space gray Verizon for sale not far from you

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

If Apple and your local carrier shops don't have any, I would try Best Buy, Target, Walmart or Radio shack.

5. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Thanks for the hospitality, imagine if New York felt the same way?

I'm on AT&T, unfortunately.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

7. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

Did you check your local Apple Store(s) stock? You can buy online and pick up in store if they have what you want in stock. You can check on the Apple Store website.

8. BC-2 macrumors member

BC-2

I'm close to your area and I'm pretty sure the Irvine Spectrum Apple store had a decent selection (other than gold). You could also call the Apple store in Fashion Island, I think they also have a good selection. Having said that, I heard Best Buy gives $50 gift cards with a purchase so personally, I'd try a local Best Buy first. Hope you find one!

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

10. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I thought they closed this method down for the time being. I was trying all last night to see if it would populate with the "Check in store" button, but it never did.

Im in Long Beach, i have checked the BestBuy near me and 3 have "in stock" for 64GB models but not the 32GB models. Im ok with going to Irvine Spectrum, but only if they will have them guaranteed. Kind of a long distance to drive to just check if they have them.
    They have in the past. When iPhone 5 was available for buy online and pickup in store, i bought one, got my email to pickup, went to pickup and they made such a ruckus about me getting one online and how i "couldnt" do that and that they would honor it "this time only!".

11. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Was at my local store at 8. No gold plenty back and a few silver.

12. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Apple Store or BestBuy?

13. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Thanks everyone. I literally was able to just walk into the Cerritos mall and just buy one....normal. No weird lines or anything. 32GB Unlocked iPhone 5S Grey

14. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

In SoCal you shouldn't have any trouble finding space grey at an Apple store.

15. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

After reading on here, that is untrue.

A verizon 5S will work the exact way an AT&T one would