Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedimindtrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
6C67EABB-AAF6-476C-9FE7-F8951A68841B.jpeg
Not sure if many of you are fans of putting skins on your mobile devices. I’ve always bought them to keep them from getting scratches, obviously they don’t provide much “drop” support.

Anyhow, dBrand has already shipped out the new iPP skins, this is the “Matrix” skin. Adds a nice texture as well.

The flat back on the new iPP’s make it a million times easier to apply than previous models. Ive gotten several of the wooden skins in the past and they look great IMO.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I have ordered the same skin for my iPad Pro 12.9" Silver. The black matrix skin with the silver borders will look nice.

However, I do wish dBrand had skin for the sides so as to protect from scratches. Slickwraps skins cover the full body and I will get one from them as well.

For now with the matrix skin I have also ordered 3 camera skins (Red, Yellow and orange) and the Pencil Skin. Will change every other month to give a new look to my iPad Pro. I also ordered a Retro Apple Logo from Etsy for my iPad Pro. Want to protect the iPad Pro from scratches.

chenjas1

macrumors member
May 7, 2007
Is the texture 3D-like and add grip or is the honeycomb pattern just printed on the vinyl?

I just received the black leather wrap from them and there’s barely any texture to the vinyl.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Nice looking design. I much prefer skins on the back of my iPads solely for the purpose of protecting it from scratches in bags or on surfaces.

How do the edges of this skin feel? The advantage of the previous generation was rounded corners so you didn't have to worry about the skin peeling up. Of course, advantage of the new design is that it's flat so it should be easier to apply.

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
Will these degrade the strength of the magnets that hold it in place?

According to dband support they are 100% compatible with the Smart Keyboard. I ordered one for styling purposes when I have it out of the case, so I’m hoping they are right.

It has to degrade the strength on some level, but the question is how much. 0.5% wouldn’t matter, 50% most certainly would. I’m guessing it is between those two numbers though. ;)

Edit: Wasn’t sure which one I wanted, so I went with the solid orange (favorite color) and the red dragon for texture. Figured it’ll give me a practice one if I mess up, or if I don’t I can put the other on my wife’s. Also got the pencil skin, but I don’t have high hopes for that one. I think it will look cheesy. If not though, I’ll keep it on.

Reactions: Statusnone88

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Is the texture 3D-like and add grip or is the honeycomb pattern just printed on the vinyl?

I just received the black leather wrap from them and there’s barely any texture to the vinyl.

Actually the texture is pretty flat. Does provide a little grip but not so much

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
The dBrand Skins don’t protect the sides but some of the Slickwraps skins do.

Ordered the Matrix skin from Drand and red, yellow and orange Camera skins and pencil skin.

Will order from Slickwraps this thanksgiving weekend. I have plans to order many skins from Slickwraps.

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2013
Those are nice!
I’ll wait till there is a transparent like skin that shows the inside of the iPad. I have one for my iPhone X and love it.

Liberachi86

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
Los Angeles

Jedimindtrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.