Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, May 7, 2002.
la la la la
Look, It makes me so happy
it looks good and it a wee bit faster
I will post more update as I explore
I'm kind of suprised that we didn't see any software updates at WWDC. I thought for sure that we would at least get iPhoto 1.1.
So what's new in .1.5? Spring loading folders isn't out 'till .2, so that's obviously not there. How long have you been running it?
Re: OS X 10.1.5
Gloating are you? Silly boy.
good luck with it...
let us know if something goes screwy or not...
as for me...I can wait for the update from Apple directly...
Looks very nice. I think I will wait for the official Apple update though. Would not want to hurt Mr. Snowy!
Re: re: betas
Yeah... let us know if it hoses your hard drive. Or if it won't let you upgrade when the official .1.5 comes out.
Re: Re: re: betas
we'll know because then we'll see a thread similar to john123's...
"Mac15 is back "
No the update is fine. Not a single glitch yet
I trust apple 100% . Even with a beta,
and the idisk is crazily fast
I frequently warn people against installing beta software, but it just so happens I may soon have a copy of a 10.2 beta. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the temptation!
There is no way in a million years I will be installing it on my main partition, or even on my main disk.
My question is this: if I put it on a second, completely unimportant HD, is there any chance of it damaging the contents of another HD in my machine?
Re: Just wondering
Chance? Of course, but what are the odds, who knows. I remember Bungie came out with Myth I or Myth II and the uninstaller wiped the harddisk, not a very good thing. They made a patch of course, but for those few people who got hosed, well.....
That's the problem with any beta and sometimes ready for prime time copies. There is no guarantee that it will work perfectly. But betas will probably have a higher percentage in screwing something up.
Personally, I have too much software that relies on the current system to go playing with betas and illeagal copies of unsupport software updates. I'll wait till the fully backed version comes from Apple so I'll actually be able to get work done.