Dead Pixel...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeeMac2012, Oct 3, 2012.

1. LeeMac2012 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a dead pixel on my iPhone 5. I was barely able to see it and now i'm a little annoyed. Not because I have to go to Apple to replace the screen, but because i'm worried on how they will handle my phone. I have one of the few i5s that is basically flawless and I don't want them to scratch the back or the sides when replacing the screen. Has anybody had their screen replaced yet? If so, did your phone come out of it ok?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the pixel is not really noticable why exchange it.

To be honest I've not looked at my screen so closely to see if there's any dead pixels - they're so small I doubt I'd see it anyways - that's just me.

3. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

You better think twice for a single dead pixel. Also they will not repair it, they will give you another phone, hopefully not refurbished.

A single dead pixel? Really?

4. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Sure. I'd take it back for a dead pixel.

5. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I'd take it back for a dead pixel too. That said, id hate to lose a phone with no physical blemishes because it seems difficult to get one.

6. LeeMac2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. It's where the AT&T Bars are so it's usually blacked out anyways. I didn't notice it till today when I was looking at some pictures. If they don't replace just the screen then I don't think it's worth it. Maybe in a few months once they start replacing screens and the phone is already dinged up from normal wear and tear. ;)

7. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Haha I turn 30 this year. My eyes aren't good enough anymore to even spot a dead/stuck pixel on a retina screen :) It's kind of nice, but for the worsening vision all around!

8. Ev0 macrumors newbie

I also have 1 dead pixel.

I took it to apple store today for them to sort it.

Sadly they didn't have any screens in stock and also didn't have any 64gb handsets in stock either.

Like you I have no other issue's with my phone, so i'm happy that they have ordered in a screen to replace it for me, but I am a little annoyed that I have to do another 80 mile round trip in a few days time (so thats 160 miles total now) because they didn't have a screen in stock or another handset.

9. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

I did recently because of one pixel, and they sent me a new phone. In my mind, it would have been stupid not to on a $700 phone that should be damn near perfect. Apple has a zero tolerance for dead pixels on iPhones for a reason.

10. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Easy to spot. Load solid color backgrounds. Search Google Images for solid red, solid white, solid black, etc. Save the image and show the jeanieus.