Here is my take on USB C ports on new Macbook Pros. Yes it's the future and yes it will become standard. However it will not happen within a year, not even within 2 years. Maybe after 4-5 years, but then new Macbook Pro will be at the end of it's useful life and you will need to upgrade anyway. Why I think it will take 4-5 years for industry to catch up to USB C? It's because manufacturers(Printers, Hard Drives, Accessories) have absolutely no reason to produce USB C devices because computers with USB A command 99% marketshare. New Macbook pros will not exactly move the industry forward, because most of competing laptops support both USB A and USB C and manufacturers have 0 reason to produce USB C devices just to appease new Macbook Pro users who don't command even 1% marketshare. It makes absolutely NO sense for any manufacturer to produce USB C devices just for that 1% marketshare. If I were a manufacturer, I would rather make USB A devices only and let the MacBook owners deal with their dongles, because it's not worth it to appease that 1% marketshare and anger the other 99% who actually own USB A computers. The industry will move to USB C only when existing USB C computers will command more than %50 marketshare and that will not happen in another 4-5 years, because as we all know the average useful lifespan of a computer is 5 years. So on average, users will buy a new PC every 5 years, which means only after about 5 years will we have USB C computers command a %50 marketshare and even then accessory manufacturers have little reason to produce USB C devices because all those new computers will support both USB A and USB C. So why not make USB A devices only and capture 100% of the market rather than only 50% with USB C? So the question is, why buy the 2016 model and deal with inconvenience for most of it's life when you can buy a 2015 model and forget about stupid dongles? The CPU performance is actually a little worse on 2016 model, so it's a win win. SOURCE: Me, research analyst by trade.