Dealers Report Stolen Marijuana To Authorities

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
wftv.com said:
A Panhandle couple is under arrest after notifying police Thursday that their quarter-pound stash of marijuana was stolen and that they needed the weed back, because they were going to later sell it.

"They're America's dumbest criminals," said Lt. Ricky Ramie, head of the Bay County Sheriff's Office narcotics task force.
"Link"

I'm speachless...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What's the going price of .25 lb of marijuana these days?

That is just amazing - you have to wonder exactly what they were thinking at the time, of if they were under the influence..... :(

D

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
In Iowa, the price for standard ganj would be about 350$. An ounce runs about $120 so quite a profit can be turned.

Dont ask me why I know that.

Mr. Anderson said:

That is just amazing - you have to wonder exactly what they were thinking at the time, of if they were under the influence..... :(

D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
They should add some of these people to the "This is your brain on drugs..." posters/campaigns.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
well, it was only a matter of time before they probably would've gotten busted anyway, if their thinking here (or lack thereof) is any indication.

One almost hopes that they were high, so at least they have an excuse for their idiocy.

Looking at their ages, I wonder why they weren't in school and/or whose house they were living in.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
They should have just considered that stolen Marijuana as a cost of doing business. They probably were high or feeling effects of Marijuana to have called police about theft of an illegal substance. They certainly made the job of the police very easy. :(

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Mr. Anderson said:

D
good stuff is about $4500, which makes a quarter pound about $1125.
But these guys are probably small time, so a quarter pound actually makes a difference.

chanoc

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska USA
wdlove said:
They should have just considered that stolen Marijuana as a cost of doing business. They probably were high or feeling effects of Marijuana to have called police about theft of an illegal substance. They certainly made the job of the police very easy. :(
People do not do dumb ***** like this under the influence of marijuana. It sounds like they have a case of ignorance mixed with mental illness or phycosis from doing to much meth.

chanoc

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska USA
Tenage logic = oxymoron

Well, if they pled guilty to the 1/4 lb they really are stupid, where is the evidence of the 1/4 lb?

They could get convicted on stems and pot pipes, but what kind of sentence would that carry in Florida? Here in Alaska it would be a 100.00 fine and a slap on the wrist.

Oh, and what kind of civilized nation prosecutes their people for using marijuana? Let legalize marijuana, it's a person's right to choose whether they want to use or not.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
chanoc said:
Oh, and what kind of civilized nation prosecutes their people for using marijuana? Let legalize marijuana, it's a person's right to choose whether they want to use or not.
LOL... Not as long as it's illegal to use it it isn't a persons right to choose whether they want to or not... Believe me, I'm no angel in this category, though I no longer indulge, but it was always crystal clear that if I got caught with a trashbag full of weed I was up the creek without a paddle... I could care less whether they legalize it or not, but it's not someones right to use an illegal substance because they think it should be legal... lol..

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
jemeinc said:
LOL... Not as long as it's illegal to use it it isn't a persons right to choose whether they want to or not... Believe me, I'm no angel in this category, though I no longer indulge, but it was always crystal clear that if I got caught with a trashbag full of weed I was up the creek without a paddle... I could care less whether they legalize it or not, but it's not someones right to use an illegal substance because they think it should be legal... lol..
Same applies to owning and driving a stolen Bently Turbo coupe.

Just because you want to, doesn't mean it should be legalized.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
Sun Baked said:

Wait- who told you about that ?... I was only borrowing it, I was gonna return it, I swear... ;-)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Sun Baked said:

Whew! good thing pot's a victimless crime, stealing a car... not quite. You can't just compare it to anything, pot is one of a few things that the government prohibits for no good reason... the "protect you from yourself" laws. they should all be scrapped.

But anyway.

I'll strongly agree with what others have said, these guys didn't do something so stupid because of the pot (i have yet to meet someone who called the police while high, on purpose)... they did it because they're complete retards. Not in the un-politically-correct sense, either. But in the literal way.

paul

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
paulwhannel said:
Whew! good thing pot's a victimless crime, stealing a car... not quite. You can't just compare it to anything, pot is one of a few things that the government prohibits for no good reason... the "protect you from yourself" laws. they should all be scrapped.

paul
Oh , I don't know about that... I've come home pretty baked & decided some muffins would be good at 2 am- only to fall asleep & wake up to the family shaking me to get me out of a smoke filled house... lol... true story...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
jemeinc said:
Oh , I don't know about that... I've come home pretty baked & decided some muffins would be good at 2 am- only to fall asleep & wake up to the family shaking me to get me out of a smoke filled house... lol... true story...
And if you want to make sure your large crop is off the grid you'll want to hotwire around the electric meter -- so you'll be stealing electricity instead of a car...

Of course the chemicals in the crops are less hazardous than a batch of meth, though you do risk buring down the house.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
Sun Baked said:
And if you want to make sure your large crop is off the grid you'll want to hotwire around the electric meter -- so you'll be stealing electricity instead of a car...

Of course the chemicals in the crops are less hazardous than a batch of meth, though you do risk buring down the house.
ROFLMAO... Suddenly I'm in the mood for a twinkie- or two...

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
Ahh what a thread

Althoutth, i agree thats stupidity not reefer. to bad about the quater pound, Dont rop people, make friends

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
obeygiant said:
But these guys are probably small time, so a quarter pound actually makes a difference.

Where are you getting your stuff?!?! Im buying 1lb of bomb outdoor grown grass for $2200. Really nice hydro goes around $2900>$3100.. Maybe you should look into alternate sources..

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
obeygiant said:
How far are you from East Lansing? Gotta lay off the sauce... can barely type...

People do not do dumb ***** like this under the influence of marijuana. It sounds like they have a case of ignorance mixed with mental illness or phycosis from doing to much meth.
Right on. I wonder how many people saw this story and muttered nonsensicals before hitting their medicine cabinet for "OK drugs."

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
StarbucksSam said:
Why are we discussing marijuana prices? This is supposed to be a family friendly place.
Would you prefer we discuss the ever rising cost of prescription drugs? Since those are so much better for you. Oh wait, a lot of prescription drugs kill people just by their basic use...