Deals: Best Buy Discounts HomePod and Apple Watch Series 3 GPS by $50

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 11, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Best Buy today has Apple's HomePod on sale for $299.99 in both White and Space Gray, representing $50 in savings for the smart home speaker. While it's been possible to get HomePod for even cheaper thanks to offers like eBay's occasional 20 percent off coupons, straight discounts on brand new models have been a bit more rare, making this a good opportunity to add HomePod to your home if you've been on the fence.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Best Buy also has $50 off Apple Watch Series 3 today, with 38mm Aluminum down to $279.00 and 42mm Aluminum down to $309.00. A few other Best Buy deals on Apple products are listed below:
    [*]Verizon iPhone - Buy a select iPhone and get one free with qualifying Verizon activation
    [*]iPad mini - Save $100 / as low as $299.99 for 128GB
    [*]MacBook Pro - Save up to $250 / as low as $1,499.99 with Student Deals
    [*]21.5-inch iMac - Latest model, 3.4 GHz, 8GB, 1TB for $1,299.99, down from $1,499.99
    [*]27-inch iMac - Latest model, 3.8 GHz, 8GB, 2TB for $2,099.99, down from $2,299.99
    [*]iTunes gift cards - Buy one, save 20 percent on another Although PayPal's Digital Gifts eBay store had a better deal on App Store and iTunes Cards this weekend, it's now expired, leaving Best Buy and Target's BOGO 20 percent offers as the best around for iTunes credit savings. With deals like this, the more you spend the more you can save, so buying two $100 cards will cost $180, two $50 cards will cost $90, and two $25 cards will cost $45.

Those beginning to buy gifts before Father's Day this weekend also have a few options to choose from today. Notable accessory companies like Twelve South and Pad & Quill have debuted sales for Father's Day, which we've listed below:
    [*]Twelve South - Save on iPhone cases, iPad cases, charging docks, and more in Twelve South's Father's Day Gift Guide 2018
    [*]Pad & Quill - Save 15 percent on all wallets
    [*]Braven - Get 20 percent off sitewide with code LOVEDAD
    [*]B&H Photo - Save on a variety of Apple products like the 2018 iPad ($30 off), Late 2016 MacBook Pro ($800 off), Cellular Stainless Steel Apple Watch Series 3 ($50 off), and more Head to our full Deals Roundup for more sales and savings going on as we get closer to Father's Day on Sunday, June 17.

Article Link: Deals: Best Buy Discounts HomePod and Apple Watch Series 3 GPS by $50

2. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

The Apple Watch 3 GPS is really tempting (I'm still rocking the original launch day Apple Watch!), but I just realized that the deal doesn't include Cellular. :(

Is Apple expected to release an Apple Watch 4 this year?

3. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I'd buy the HomePod if it was $149, lol.

4. higgledy macrumors newbie

Why is Best Buy discounting the HomePod? Are these factory seconds, or refurbished, or open box? Thanks.

5. rjp1 macrumors regular

I misread and thought it said HomePad for $50. I realize how little it interests me, because I still wasn’t going to buy one.

6. Icestorm815 macrumors member

Nope, they're brand new HomePods. The open boxes are selling even lower at $275.99. Based upon the sales reports we've seen, it's likely that Best Buy is discounting them because they aren't selling that well at $349.

7. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

Sounds like a good discount.

Nonetheless, the ‘just works’ (and sounds amazing) nature of HomePod allows it to command full price; offer price just sweetens the deal.

8. triangletechie macrumors regular

I'm going to go with it being part of their Fathers Day promo.

9. bbednarz macrumors 6502

bbednarz

I grabbed one of the open box-excellent ones for $264 because I also had rewards. Excited to try out stereo when I get home tonight.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say the chances are highly likely for the Series 4 in about three months. The rumors so far is that it will see a 15% larger display, extended battery life and additional health sensors. There was one other rumor for a *future* Apple Watch model, stating that the physical buttons will be haptic-based.

11. spazzcat macrumors 68020

spazzcat

That is nice, Apple should just take a loss on the item for you? I believe the hardware cost is $265 and that is before software, shipping, etc...

12. iamgalt macrumors regular

iamgalt

Of course, Homepod is on sale now. I just bought one ten days ago.

13. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Nope. Those aren't Father's Day Promos. If you go to Best Buy's site, you'll find all of the products under bog standard Best Buy sales. Best Buy has constant Apple product sales. Nothing special here.

14. nickcliborne macrumors regular

Return it and buy another one. You have 15 days to return it.

15. higgledy macrumors newbie

$265 ...really? Where did you read that figure? That’s really high. I was thinking Apple’s cost would be more in the $150-$200 range.

16. agsystems macrumors 6502a

same here - I am a sucker for Apple gear but I don't listen or stay at a specific area where I could make use of this - what am I missing here?

17. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I just bought my HomePod from apple 11 days ago and love it. I'm gonna try to match this price!

18. spazzcat macrumors 68020

spazzcat

Sorry, I was off on the total, it's $216. http://bgr.com/2018/02/15/homepod-speaker-price-teardown-margins-apple/.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2018 ---
    HomePod isn't for you then.

19. triangletechie macrumors regular

YEP.

They put these on sale the week leading up to Fathers Day. That's not a coincidence. The weekly ads are planned in advance. This is Fathers Day related.

20. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

Even $199 would be in the ballpark for me.

21. lax28 macrumors regular

lax28

Picked up a open boxed yesterday for 275.99, was able to add Apple care right there too. As long as it wasn’t initially purchased more than 60 days ago it is eligible for Apple care so extra piece of mind. Mine actually had never been purchased, so apple care effective as of yesterday. It apparently was one of several floor models that bestbuy had out for the launch of HomePod. Most of their stores no longer have any floor models on display, which makes since why there are so many open box ones currently.

Stereo pair sounds great by the way.

22. lec0rsaire macrumors 65816

Good price but I wouldn’t buy one for any price since I just don’t need a HomePod. I have heard it in person and it sounds good but my A/V receiver with larger speakers just sounds better and I can Airplay through ATV4. For those with large homes they make sense since you can place one in the kitchen, in the study or in a bedroom and perhaps even by the pool for those fortunate to have one.

23. TimSHB macrumors member

TimSHB

FYI, Paypal Digital Gifts on eBay has $165 worth of Best Buy gift cards for $150.

24. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

No, they should make a cheaper version for people who aren't audiophiles. Also, if the thing was more useful, it would be worth more money. Right now it does less with Siri than yelling across the room at my iPhone, lol.
    A good feature set, lol. It's not a very useful device yet.
    I'd pay that if Siri was a whole lot better. Lower the ridiculous audio quality bar and improve the functionality and $199 is fine.

25. Eduardo75890 macrumors regular

Eduardo75890

Cheapstake lol
    Open Box is 275.99