Deals: Low Prices Hit 13-Inch and 16-Inch MacBook Pro (Up to $300 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and Adorama have introduced new sales on the 2019 13-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro, with deals taking as much as $300 off select models.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get the 13-inch MacBook Pro (1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) for $1,099.99, down from $1,299.00 ($199 off) on Amazon. This is the lowest price we've ever tracked for the model, and it's also being matched at Best Buy.

For the larger MacBook Pro, the 16-inch model (2.3GHz 8-Core, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) is on sale for $2,499.00, down from $2,799.00 ($300 off) on Adorama. This is another lowest-ever price, and it's currently beating prices for the same model seen at Amazon and Best Buy.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Low Prices Hit 13-Inch and 16-Inch MacBook Pro (Up to $300 Off)

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2019
Over a thousand dollars and all you get is 128 gigs of storage.
Very shameful. I hope Apple takes this redesign chance to address the storage minimum and bump us to 256gb base storage on the 13/14”. It would fit well within a new tier structure of storage minimums across their devices and this is their chance to let the MBP 16” lead by example. It’s the first Mac in a while where the basest config still feels generous.

MBP 16 - 512gb/1tb
MBP 13 - 256gb minimum on all configurations
iPad Pro - 128gb
iPhone Pro - 128gb
iPad - 64gb
iPhone - 64gb
Apple Watch - 32gb
iPhone SE2/9 - 32/64gb
iPod - 16gb

And any and all desktop configs would start at 512gb minimum.

Please Apple. It’s time to release us. If you really want us to be creative then give the poorest of us SPACE TO BE CREATIVE!!!!!

Last edited:

Aster007

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
Touchbar + No mag safe + less than 512GB by default = my wallet stays closed

If MS can add MagSafe to their Surface laptops, then I may also very well go with Surface Laptop instead. Or with Lenovo X1. There are plenty of solid laptops out there these days...

Apple has been milking this cow for way too long... This ain't 2016! Innovate your a**! Stop talking about innovation (yeah Tim, I mean you!) and give us something better than that junk you have been serving for the 5 last years. Damn!

Reactions: jbachandouris

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan

If MS can add MagSafe to their Surface laptops, then I may also very well go with Surface Laptop instead. Or with Lenovo X1. There are plenty of solid laptops out there these days...

Apple has been milking this cow for way too long... This ain't 2016! Innovate your a**! Stop talking about innovation (yeah Tim, I mean you!) and give us something better than that junk you have been serving for the 5 last years. Damn!
They don’t even have to innovate. Take the retina MacBook Pro from 2012, slap the latest generation hardware in it and call it a day. I’ve said it before, the 2012-2015 was the perfect Apple notebook design.

ToneDriver

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016

If the only thing standing in your way of buying a Windows laptop is mag safe, then that's what you should buy. Other people are willing to pay the premium for an Apple product because of MacOS, the eco system as a whole, creative and professional needs, and other things that are specific to the Apple product experience. If those aren't the things you care about, then of course save some cash and get a Windows machine.

Reactions: Kabeyun

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
If the only thing standing in your way of buying a Windows laptop is mag safe, then that's what you should buy. Other people are willing to pay the premium for an Apple product because of MacOS, the eco system as a whole, creative and professional needs, and other things that are specific to the Apple product experience. If those aren't the things you care about, then of course save some cash and get a Windows machine.
Most creative professionals don’t need MacOS anymore, it’s becoming more of a personal preference than anything. That’s really just something people say to justify the Apple tax that has increased over the past ten years. I can’t really think of any specific things that MacOS offers that Windows or Linux doesn’t except the tight integration with other Apple products. My preference is of course the Mac but they are slowly pricing me out.

Reactions: jbachandouris

ToneDriver

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
Most creative professionals don’t need MacOS anymore, it’s becoming more of a personal preference than anything. That’s really just something people say to justify the Apple tax that has increased over the past ten years. I can’t really think of any specific things that MacOS offers that Windows or Linux doesn’t except the tight integration with other Apple products. My preference is of course the Mac but they are slowly pricing me out.
I didn't say most creative professional needed MacOS. That's just one of the potential reasons someone would buy a Mac in spite of it being more expensive.

kaz911

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014

I have them all.. Surface - not worth it quality is terrible - expect to be without your machine often. Whole office had them - now all gone as they do not last. ThinkPad X1's - current generation have TB3 issues - and heating issues.

I have just jumped after 7 year break back to a 16" MBP - and while the quality is not super - TB3 actually works vs. my Thinkpad P1 Xeon 64GB.

I don't really care if I run MacOS or Win10.

So my normal setup running same programs - with 2 big (49+38 inch) screens - where some programs are now running in Parallels 15 with Win10 - on the TP P1 it would consume 12-15% CPU with noisy fans.

On the MBP 16" - running same programs - its running at a cool 5-6% CPU with no fan (and still with parallels/windows running a demanding program) - I can even play a video and CPU usage hardly move.

And what surprised me even more was my external TB3 QNAP 10GBe network adaptor runs a lot more silent than it does when connected to my ThinkPad P1. On the P1 noise is infuriating. On the MBP it is still noisy but a lot less.

I have been trying for more than a year to get Lenovo to fix the TB3 issues - but no response. Lenovo is turning into ACER.

I know MBP's are sensitive beasts. I do not care for the Touch Bar at all. Mainboard design is rubbish. No protection against liquid damage. I'm on Louis Rossmann's side about MBP quality.

But at the moment it works better than any of my ThinkPads (P1 & P52 - which both have huge TB3 and USB3 issues)

ToneDriver

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
You literally said that.
Nope, sure didn't. Do you see the word 'most' in what I said? I simply listed potential reasons other people would buy them, one of them being creative and professional needs. That's a broad category and includes a lot things. If the place you work is a Mac shop, you gotta buy a Mac for your professional needs.

We're not even really arguing about anything. Your point was perfectly valid. Just don't twist my words around.

Aster007

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
I have them all.. Surface - not worth it quality is terrible - expect to be without your machine often. Whole office had them - now all gone as they do not last. ThinkPad X1's - current generation have TB3 issues - and heating issues.

I have just jumped after 7 year break back to a 16" MBP - and while the quality is not super - TB3 actually works vs. my Thinkpad P1 Xeon 64GB.

I don't really care if I run MacOS or Win10.

So my normal setup running same programs - with 2 big (49+38 inch) screens - where some programs are now running in Parallels 15 with Win10 - on the TP P1 it would consume 12-15% CPU with noisy fans.

On the MBP 16" - running same programs - its running at a cool 5-6% CPU with no fan (and still with parallels/windows running a demanding program) - I can even play a video and CPU usage hardly move.

And what surprised me even more was my external TB3 QNAP 10GBe network adaptor runs a lot more silent than it does when connected to my ThinkPad P1. On the P1 noise is infuriating. On the MBP it is still noisy but a lot less.

I have been trying for more than a year to get Lenovo to fix the TB3 issues - but no response. Lenovo is turning into ACER.

I know MBP's are sensitive beasts. I do not care for the Touch Bar at all. Mainboard design is rubbish. No protection against liquid damage. I'm on Louis Rossmann's side about MBP quality.

But at the moment it works better than any of my ThinkPads (P1 & P52 - which both have huge TB3 and USB3 issues)
Reasonable answer. Thanks man.

I do not really need TB3. Those devices are too expensive. I have slowly started migrating towards USB-C from USB-A.

I have tried MBP 15 from 2018 for couple of months but It is not great. I did not like the keyboard + I hated touchbar. I mean, I would force those guys who invented it to use the laptop keyboard like everyday.

The idea is great but I hate that there is NO PREVENTION FOR UNINTENDED TOUCHES!

How could this come through QA is beyond me.

Jobs would have fired those guys who would come with the idea without UNINTENDED Touches prevention.

Jeez, even Elon Musk would do that + then he would concentrate on fixing the problem.
(he fired the guy who overdesigned the Tesla 3 Chassis (It is too heavy))

Yeah, one can buy BetterTouchTool to disable the feature but seriously, do you expect me to pay almost $3K for a machine like that...
//

I remember when I bought my first Macbook Pro. Jeez, I was just a kid in my first job saving cash for several months.

How did we end up here? Unrealiable keyboards, no Magsafe, Bad Power Management, Problems with Screens, same iPhones year after year.

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
When will these editors learn? "Lowest Price Ever" is a phrase to be reserved for when a price is actually the lowest it has ever been.

This is not the "Lowest Ever"! It just about matches the actual lowest ptice from Adorama, back around Christmas time. Sure, that required a coupon from another Apple themed website, but it was available to anyone clever enough to use the internet!

drinkingtea

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2016

Agreed. I’m considering buying a Surface Laptop. They’re $300 off right now at the Microsoft Store, by the way (or at least they were yesterday).