Deals: Lowest-Ever Prices on Apple Pencil 2 and AirPods Wireless Charging Case

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you're perhaps looking for an accessory to go with a new holiday gift, a couple of Apple's more popular ones have received price cuts today to the lowest levels we've ever seen in our tracking.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon and Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple Pencil 2

While we saw the Apple Pencil 2 drop to as low as $104.99 for My Best Buy members ahead of the holidays, the iPad Pro accessory has hit a new low of $99.00 at both Amazon and Best Buy, a roughly 25 percent discount from its regular $129.00 price.

The Apple Pencil 2 works with Apple's latest iPad Pro models introduced in 2018, including the new 11-inch size and the third-generation 12.9-inch model. It magnetically attaches to the side of the iPad Pro, charges wirelessly, and supports customizable double-tap gestures such as switching between drawing tools and bringing up a color palette.

AirPods Wireless Charging Case

Amazon has also discounted the AirPods Wireless Charging Case to just $46.33, an over 40 percent discount compared to the regular price of $79.00. Compatible with both the first- and second-generation AirPods, the standalone case accessory lets you upgrade from the standard case that charges only over a wired Lightning connection to one that also charges wirelessly via a Qi charging mat.

Article Link: Deals: Lowest-Ever Prices on Apple Pencil 2 and AirPods Wireless Charging Case

JWD

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2012
I do not see the Apple Wireless Charging Case for AirPods for sale on Amazon US...

jacjustjac

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
New York, NY
Is there anyone out there who buys just the wireless charging case? To upgrade your first generation airpods? I still have my first generation but the battery gets weak fast, so I don’t see the appeal. And for those who bought the standard AirPods 2, do you really need to add the wireless feature? I find myself rarely using the wireless charging feature at all. A few minutes connected to lightning every other day is all I really need. I feel like wireless charging is a feature that never reached its full value once Apple cancelled AirPower, to the point that they delayed AirPods 2 for a while to let it finish, but in the end we’re left with a stand-alone charging case that’s kind of a moot product.
I just want to understand the point of view of the customers Apple is now targeting with the standalone wireless charging case.

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
I just picked up a pair of AirPods for use at home...I also picked up a Baseus wireless charging case for $10, and it works perfect. It's a shame MacRumors won't review this hardware.