Deals: Save $20 on the New 32GB iPod Touch, Available for $179

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and Walmart today are discounting Apple's 2019 32GB iPod touch to $179.00, down from $199.00. This $20 discount is the lowest price we've tracked for the new 32GB iPod touch, and as of writing Amazon and Walmart are the only major Apple resellers online to offer a discount on this model.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Every color is available on sale except Pink. The new iPod touch has a 4-inch Retina display with the A10 Fusion chip, FaceTime, and support for playing games from the App Store and listening to Apple Music or music downloaded from iTunes.

If you're looking for a higher storage capacity, the 256GB model also has a slight discount on Amazon. You can get this model for $379.99, down from $399.99 in select colors, another $20 discount on Apple's original price.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Save $20 on the New 32GB iPod Touch, Available for $179

JosephAW

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2012
My nephew dropped his 32gb iPod he got for Christmas and got the white screen of death. Fortunately it was under warranty.

heyjoe23

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2016
I recently bought a 32gb iPhone SE from Best Buy for $60. Does what I need it to do as an iPod alternative, but with touch ID and a better camera for a fraction of the cost of a new iPod Touch. Yeah the processor is a few generations back, but it still hums along and is quick enough for what I need it to do.

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2014
...and support for playing games from the App Store and listening to Apple Music or music downloaded from iTunes.
Oof, are we really listing that as a feature now? That’s something that’s been supported on the iPod touch since it’s inception.

That’s like stating, “The new iPhone has an improved camera, A14 chip, and support for making voice calls and sending text messages.”

vertical smile

macrumors 601
Sep 23, 2014
Oh... This still exists?
Or ya could buy a used iPhone 7 with 128...
There is a demographic for the iPod.
I do not know if it is still the case, but the Music app on the iPod Touch used to be much better than the music app for the iPhone.

For example, there was a icon on the iPod Touch's "Now Playing" screen to change the EQ and other song specific audio changes.

Although, I am not sure if this is still the case with the newer OS.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I recently bought a 32gb iPhone SE from Best Buy for $60. Does what I need it to do as an iPod alternative, but with touch ID and a better camera for a fraction of the cost of a new iPod Touch. Yeah the processor is a few generations back, but it still hums along and is quick enough for what I need it to do.
To be fair, that’s carrier subsidized, but that’s a very clever idea :) They’re out of stock locally here but I’m going to keep my eyes open and grab one if they come back in stock. Bonus: in the US, you can still call 911 even if the phone isn’t activated.