Deals: Shop the Best Prices for Apple's Entire iPad Lineup (Up to $199 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and Best Buy have a collection of solid discounts across Apple's iPad lineup this week, including numerous lowest-ever prices on the iPad mini 5, iPad Pro, and 10.2-inch iPad. The deepest discounts can be found on the iPad Pro, with as much as $199 off Wi-Fi and cellular models.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Standouts in the sale include the 1TB Wi-Fi 12.9-inch iPad Pro for $1,349.99 ($199 off), the entry-level 32GB Wi-Fi iPad at $249.00 ($80 off), and the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 5 at $349.99 ($49 off). While the majority of the sales below will be found at Amazon, Best Buy is also offering discounts to its customers not found on Amazon.

iPad mini 5
  • 64GB, Wi-Fi - $349.99, down from $399.00 ($49 off, lowest ever)
  • 256GB, Wi-Fi - $499.99, down from $549.00 ($49 off, lowest ever)
  • 64GB, Cellular - $509.00, down from $529.00 ($20 off, lowest ever)
  • 256GB, Cellular - $638.00, down from $679.00 ($41 off, lowest ever)
iPad Air
10.2-Inch iPad
  • 32GB, Wi-Fi - $249.00, down from $329.00 ($80 off, lowest ever)
  • 128GB, Wi-Fi - $329.00, down from $429.00 ($100 off, lowest ever)
  • 32GB, Cellular - $379.99, down from $459.00 ($79 off, lowest ever)
  • 128GB, Cellular - $459.99, down from $559.00 ($99 off, lowest ever)
iPad Pro

11-Inch
12.9-Inch
  • 64GB, Wi-Fi - $874.99, down from $999.00 ($124 off)
  • 512GB, Wi-Fi - $1,199.99, down from $1,349.00 ($149 off)
  • 1TB, Wi-Fi - $1,349.99, down from $1,549.00 ($199 off, lowest ever)
  • 512GB, Cellular - $1,349.99, down from $1,499.00 ($149 off)
  • 1TB, Cellular - $1,499.99, down from $1,699.00 ($199 off, lowest ever)
Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Shop the Best Prices for Apple's Entire iPad Lineup (Up to $199 Off)

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
... I thought that was a given. There have been numerous rumors of new iPads (though most likely iPads Pro) in the foreseeable future.
Seriously though iPad Pro should have 6-8GB RAM minimum. Given the Mini, Air and iPad has 3GB these things have to represent the Pro moniker. Even the iPhone 11 has 4GB of RAM while the 11 Pro has 4GB. Seems Apple takes these baby steps with RAM and base Storage not sure on purpose.

iPad Pro should have a base of 256GB Storage, seriously it’s 2020 cloud storage is great as a redundancy and to substitute removable storage. Still cannot believe that we are still waking around with USB thumb drives it feels like 2005.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
if one never plans on using an iPad pro with cellular servcie, is there any reason to get one aside from the benefit of the gps function built-into the cell chip?

i got a wifi a week ago, and see now that I can get a wifi plus cell from the same money...

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Seriously though iPad Pro should have 6-8GB RAM minimum. Given the Mini, Air and iPad has 3GB these things have to represent the Pro moniker. Even the iPhone 11 has 4GB of RAM while the 11 Pro has 4GB. Seems Apple takes these baby steps with RAM and base Storage not sure on purpose.

iPad Pro should have a base of 256GB Storage, seriously it’s 2020 cloud storage is great as a redundancy and to substitute removable storage. Still cannot believe that we are still waking around with USB thumb drives it feels like 2005.
Not just that. 8 GB RAM at least, real pro features like the ability to run full blown programs such as XCode, Matlab, Spyder, an additional port.

I love my iPad Pro, but seriously it cannot replace my computer, I use it to read, consume media, entertainment during flights, some occasional drawing. For teaching and work I still need a real computer. iOS 13 showed us a bright possibility, just go all the way, Apple.
- - Post merged: - -

if one never plans on using an iPad pro with cellular servcie, is there any reason to get one aside from the benefit of the gps function built-into the cell chip?

i got a wifi a week ago, and see now that I can get a wifi plus cell from the same money...
You mean like returning the one that you just bought and get the new one? Go for it.

With that said, I have been using the iPad for many years in several models. The GPS in the WiFi version has not been a downside in any way, it is precise enough. I carry my iPad with me from home to work and I usually have WiFi anywhere I go, when I don't, I share my iPhone's internet with it... but I guess it comes down to your ultimate usage, I do a lot of field work myself and I have many complaints other than the GPS.

Neepman

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
41 bucks off a 679 mini. Such a deal! Apple knows the mini is the only game in town for anyone who wants a decent tablet in that size. It's a we have you by the short hairs, don't we? discount.

• Haha
Reactions: NewWaveGuy

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota

or return it now and wait a month or so and buy the new one they are very likely introducing in March. Either way, paying full price for a new iPad Pro right now is not the best timing.

Reactions: CarlJ

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006

You maybe able to get the price adjusted rather than return the product.

Not just that. 8 GB RAM at least, real pro features like the ability to run full blown programs such as XCode, Matlab, Spyder, an additional port.

I love my iPad Pro, but seriously it cannot replace my computer, I use it to read, consume media, entertainment during flights, some occasional drawing. For teaching and work I still need a real computer. iOS 13 showed us a bright possibility, just go all the way, Apple.
I believe Catalyst is key and it all depends how serious Apple is about it. If XCode is available on both iPadOS and macOS then developers will be reassured that if Apple is making such a move it’s a safe bet for them to invest in.

The ball is in Apple’s court. I remember when the move from PPC to Intel with Classic, Carbon and Cocoa, many big name developers waited on Apple native and pro apps to go Cocoa.

or return it now and wait a month or so and buy the new one they are very likely introducing in March. Either way, paying full price for a new iPad Pro right now is not the best timing.
Does seem like poor timing to buy new with such a close announcement.

41 bucks off a 679 mini. Such a deal! Apple knows the mini is the only game in town for anyone who wants a decent tablet in that size. It's a we have you by the short hairs, don't we? discount.
Go for the refurbs, better pricing and all depends on what you are looking to accomplish with that tablet. I usually use my phone and laptop, still can not justify a tablet though I used to have them in the past.

Last edited:

Daytona 360

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
Article is a bit misleading...the discounted prices do not apply to all iPad colors. (For example, only the space gray mini 5 has the $49 discount)

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
There should be no difference between the two, other than as you mention. For what it's worth, I use my iPad Air a lot, though usually on WiFi (home, office, etc.), but found it reasonable to get a 2GB/mo for $10 plan from T-Mobile, so that I just don't have to worry about whether there's WiFi or not, in odd locations where I want to use it. The 2GB is more than I need for that scenario. (My iPhone is on Verizon - they wanted a lot more than $10 to add the iPad to my plan.)

They also have a plan (or had, don't know if it's still available, it's worth asking at one of their stores), that's 600 MB/month for free - well, something like $10-$20 for initial signup to get a SIM, but then no recurring charge. If you end up with an iPad that has cellular, it's worth getting that plan, just to have around. They figure, of course, that you may eventually upgrade, or add some data as a one-time purchase. Actually, I did that when my iPhone had to go into Apple for battery replacement - added something like a "1GB/3day pass" to that account, and had good data access for a couple days until I got my phone back.

Reactions: scott911

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
I did get a pretty serious discount on the one I got from amazon. I knew new ones were coming so I was cautious. I'm betting on the new versions will come out at full price (obviously) and will have some camera tweaks that I won't use... Of course, I could be wrong and regret it, but live and learn. I've delayed purchases on apple TV for YEARS(!) waiting for the 4K version that always seems to be around the corner... :)