Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

AT&T today is offering a selection of Apple's silicone and leather iPhone cases for just $5.00 in new condition, during a limited time promotion. Cases in the sale cover the iPhone XS, iPhone X, and iPhone 8 Plus, and these are as much as $45 off their original prices with lowest-ever price points seen for new versions of the accessories.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with AT&T. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple's leather and silicone cases are built to fit snugly onto their respective iPhones, providing full access to the volume, silence, and lock buttons. iPhone XS cases do fit on iPhone X devices, although there may be some small gaps in the camera cutout on the rear of the case.

[​IMG]

You can shop for all of the special prices offered by AT&T on Apple's iPhone cases in the list below. At this time, it's unclear how long these prices will be staying around.

Note: if you purchase three cases at once, you can automatically mark the cost of each case down by another $1 thanks to AT&T's current "Grab and Save" discount.

iPhone XS

[*]Silicone Case in White - $5, $35 off
    iPhone X

[*]Leather Case in Taupe - $5, $45 off
    iPhone 8 Plus

[*]Leather Case in Black / Saddle Brown / (PRODUCT)Red - $5, $45 off Head to our full Deals Roundup for additional information on sales happening as we enter the weekend.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5

2. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

3. garylapointe, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

garylapointe macrumors 65816

garylapointe

I put 3 in my cart and it took another $1 off each of them (Buy 3 accessories, get 20% off).

EDIT: But once I logged in it seems to have taken it away :(

4. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Lol I wonder if Apple had a surplus from lower than expected iPhone sales and dumped them on ATT at a steep, steep discount.

5. Good User Name macrumors regular

6. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

Haha awesome, adding this into article.

7. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

None that I saw, unfortunately.

8. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

Totally expected this comment. Perpetually people complain about high prices and then when literally ANYTHING is on sale people say it’s a sign that Apple is in trouble in some way.

9. SkippyThorson, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

On AT&T's page, for the iPhone X at $5 each, there's also:

I didn't hop on the Apple ones, but I certainly LOVE the Speck cases and couldn't resist both.

Another awesome $5 deal; BodyGuardz Pure Tempered Glass Screen protectors:
    I absolutely got a couple of the 12.9" iPad Pro ones to keep me safe. We have them on other devices and really like this brand. I'm no longer afraid to microfiber clean a screen and accidentally drag any contaminants across the device glass. Take your time and the glass installs way easier than those cheap-o static cling ones. Any remaining bubbles disappear in no time at all to crystal clear.

10. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I'm guessing this was a glitch, because I'm seeing regular price now. :(

(iPhone 7/8 Plus, black silicone case)

Oh well, enjoy your cheap cases, lucky ones. :)

11. Love Divine macrumors regular

Love Divine

Pretty sure it was the leather case only for 8 plus

12. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

13. CPx macrumors 6502a

14. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise. Apple Silicone and Leather cases are almost never on sale, and these prices are an impulse buy. I was able to purchase a few cases for myself and significant other. Hoping the Apple iPhone X cases fit decently well on the Xs.

15. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

Nice, picked up the Taupe Leather one. I currently have the Apple Brown leather case and love how it patinas with time/age.

The darkening of the leather and scratches add to the individuality. Not sure how a lighter taupe color will stand up with time, but for $5 we'll see.

16. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

Huh! There it is. Black leather case for iPhone 8 Plus for $5.

Ordered. I have an iPhone 7 Plus but I believe it will fit. I've never been big on the leather cases but I will gladly take one for $5! :)

Thanks for making me take a second look.

17. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

The 8 Plus leather cases fits the 7 Plus. (I was gifted this case for my 7 Plus and use it regularly)

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

So for the silicone case, this is the price its really worth without the obscene Apple retail markup.

19. magid macrumors 6502

magid

Once I go to check out it says my cart is empty ‍♂️

20. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

I bought the taupe leather and white silicone iPhone X cases from Best Buy for $14.99 each during their Black Friday sale. I have seen both taupe and white silicone cases on sale most frequently because they are probably the least popular color choices. Gave away the white silicone case because while it looked cool after just a couple of weeks I knew it would not age well stained very easily and every nick, imperfection, dirt or grime became very visible. Still have the taupe leather case it’s okay and it does patina nicely but being so light in color undesirable grime or staining can be very visible. Leather cleaner can at least improve that though.

Well with that said for $4 I bought three more!!! Yes the extra 20% discount worked for me. $12.57 with tax and free shipping. Will keep one as a backup case and gift the other two away.

21. imlovinit macrumors 6502a

imlovinit

22. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

Awesome. They may suck for misleading about 5G, but these cases for $5 rock. I got the leather taupe and the speck folio for my X and a white silicone for my lady's XS.

23. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I logged in from the start and it never took the additional 20% off, but I think the fine print excludes items already on sale. Did anyone order three or more cases and still get the 20% off upon final checkout?