Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2019.

1. seatton, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

Did you guys get a confirmation email? I ordered one for real, but I did not receive any.

Update - It went straight to my junk folder. It says now "in progress".

2. Klososky macrumors newbie

Klososky

I just got an email that my order was cancelled.

3. alexsowa macrumors newbie

alexsowa

Same here. I hope it’s just because I had a different shipping address than my billing.
    I did another separate order earlier with the same address for both and it hasn’t been cancelled.

4. Klososky macrumors newbie

Klososky

Oh man, same exact situation here, with the different shipping address. I just placed another order and went ahead and had it shipped to my billing address. Fingers crossed.

5. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Same for me. Wanted it shipped to my work address and it was cancelled. Shipped it to my house and order came back confirmed. We’ll see.

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Mine was cancelled too, but I used the same shipping and billing. Lame.

7. Klososky macrumors newbie

Klososky

So glad to meet others in the "I ship everything to my office" club.

8. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

What the wife don’t know won’t hurt her! Lol

9. hface119 macrumors member

Mine was cancelled too, and I was also shipping to my apartment whereas my billing address is my parent’s house.

That shouldn’t matter. That’s why there are 2 addresses. My guess is they ran out of stock.

10. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Newsflash, it's not the cases people were complaining about being overpriced. The phones still cost the same as before.

Also:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...stomers-with-out-of-warranty-devices.2169031/

11. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

pnoyblazed

Snagged the saddle brown and black leather. Welcome additions alongside my Product red case

12. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

This was a really good deal! I got myself the Taupe Leather case for the X and the Black Leather case for my wife’s 7 Plus (The 8 plus cases also for the 7 Plus.)

13. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

I ordered multiple and got 20% discount, came to $4 a case.

14. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

The Chinese cases are $10-$15 and they last maybe 3 months before they turn yellow or fall apart, so I’d say paying $45 for a quality case that lasts as long as the phone is a bargain.

But you’re free to disagree and stick with the Chinese junk.

15. nerdAFK macrumors 6502

nerdAFK

John Gruner: Apple is selling iPhone cases at cost!

AT&T: 80% off and we are still making money on these same cases.

16. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

17. OVERTASK macrumors 6502

18. Jwhite1 macrumors member

Jwhite1

I ordered multiple cases earlier today only to receive a follow up email about 2 hours later that mine were canceled also due to “security reasons”. I also tried to reorder using the same billing and shipping address and received an email that it went through.

I contacted an online agent on AT&Ts website and they made sure my order was properly placed. I used matching billing/shipping address with assurance from them I could call “ecom” (they provided phone number) that I could edit my shipping address with them (billing address is parents address and shipping address is my address). I explained the situation and they said since order was already placed I couldn’t edit info but order seemed to go through. Luckily, I am able to pick up from parents house but a minor inconvenience to pay for the discount I guess. Hope this helps others.

19. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Same here. I am wondering why.

20. ajbkid macrumors newbie

Yes, XS case fits the X. But not the other way around. Apples cases made for X don’t properly fit the XS. Camera is just a bit bigger on XS.

21. michaelant macrumors regular

michaelant

Wow, that's a legit deal!

I had an Apple leather case for my iPhone 6 because it was so slippery, and it was an excellent case. Snagged this one even though I don't need to use a case normally on the iPhone X because it's much more grippy, but this will come in handy on trips where I'm using the camera a lot. You get a completely secure hand hold on the phone with this case on, which helps for multiple photos.

I would never choose Taupe, though. But for $5... eh ;)

22. pika2000 macrumors 601

What you guys forgot to mention is that these AT&T sold cases will upgrade your iPhones to 6Ge, the road to 6G, ahead of those fools on slow 5G. /s

23. ShuckNet macrumors newbie

ShuckNet

Saw this on the Google News app! I bought three for like 13 bucks. Two pelicans and a leather. What a deal!!!

24. djgamble macrumors 6502a

The 'leather' is such a scam and that's all it's worth.

It's just a plastic case with reconstituted leather (i.e. leather offcuts pulped, mixed with a glue, painted onto the plastic then textured). Over time it just falls off leaving you with a plastic case.

I wish there were laws against calling recontstituted leather 'leather'. It's so not the same thing as a proper hide.

25. pappy53 macrumors regular

pappy53

Not true.