Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Sanme macrumors newbie

Sanme

Well for this price range it’s an acceptable scam

2. frosty18 macrumors member

frosty18

Just ordered a white silicone for my xs. Beyond excited what a steal! Almost wish they had more colors

3. agsystems macrumors 6502a

same here - I am a sucker for cases and these are insane prices

4. frosty18 macrumors member

frosty18

Should I be concerned? I haven’t received a confirmation email. The shipping and billing address are different like some others said. I hope it goes through. My account was already charged the five dollars
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2019 ---
    I just checked my bank account and the prior transaction disappeared. I just reordered the case and changed the shipping address to my home instead of my college so that my billing zip is the same. Let’s hope I get a confirmation email this time around
    I got a confirmation this time. Let’s hope it’s not cancelled this time. I reallyyy want a five dollar case lol

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Picked one up! Got the confirmation email and credit card charged!

6. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Yes. I ordered 4 white silicon for $17 and change. Amazing.

7. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Wtf, I didn't expect the cases to be that much overcharged in the Apple Store.

8. Apple Bistro macrumors newbie

9. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

Thats Pleather, right? Plastic leather.... or is that Daffy Duck, for a pleather and a plivilidthz

10. arksun macrumors newbie

I got an order confirmation and my card was charged yesterday. However, the order was cancelled by AT&T today and a refund was being processed.

I submitted another order and hopefully they won't cancel it this time. Did anyone else have this issue? I'm trying to order the white iPhone XS silicone case.

11. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

pnoyblazed

billing and shipping have to match

12. frosty18 macrumors member

frosty18

Yes I had the same problem. I changed my shipping address to my home instead of college and I got a confirmation email.

13. SRLMJ23, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Hell of a deal! I picked up a White silicone case, and a Taupe leather case (which normally I would never pick that color in leather) but for $5.00, I'll certainly take it!

Also, for the couple of people complaining about Apple's leather cases, I and many I know think they are by far the best leather cases you can buy, and they are 100% leather as far as I remember.

Edit: After a quick Google search, Apple's leather cases are in fact made from 100% European leather. From Apples website: "They’re made from specially tanned and finished European leather, so the outside feels soft to the touch and develops a natural patina over time."

Also got this link explaining the leather:

https://www.apple.com/shop/question...corrected-genuine-suede-etc/QDT4A9FD2CT2AUAPK

:apple:

14. Palliser macrumors regular

15. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

No, the OP accused Apple of using bonded leather for its cases, like the stuff used for cheap office chairs.

Apple's leather cases appear to use a top-grain aniline leather. That's why it has a very consistent, minimally-grained finish and develops a patina over time.

A coated leather, like that used in car upholstery, or leather that has poly blended into it won't develop a patina like Apple's cases do

16. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Picked out 3 for under 13
    Bucks.

Order is good to
    Go

17. djgamble, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

djgamble macrumors 6502a

No, pleather is when you use sawdust or some kind of vinyl to do that.

You're allowed to call it leather if the main ingredient is leather. Example, Apple's 'leather' cases.
    I've explained to you how it is true. Happy to hear your rebuttal on the facts rather than a denial based on your gut instinct...

Go and educate yourself instead of dragging this out though, please...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather

18. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

No, the only thing you've done is made an unproven assertion. Where's your proof?

Bonded leather peels and de-laminates when it's worn out. Full-grain and top-grain leathers don't.

Top-coated leathers and poly-blended leathers don't develop patinas. Apple cases do. There's an entire thread devoted to examples in this forum.

Put up or shut up.

19. JayWilliams1776 macrumors newbie

I got 3 leather X cases for $12 and change. Order confirmation received.

20. Anonymous Freak macrumors 603

Anonymous Freak

Hrm... AT&T's site is saying all of my credit card numbers are invalid. I triple-checked I entered the last couple correctly, and even made an Amazon purchase on one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Just tried again in Chrome instead of Safari, just to make sure it wasn't a browser issue. Nope. Still says invalid number. Not declined, but invalid number.

21. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Oh wow! European leather! Last time I was over in the Europe, I marveled at how soft their cows were. No matter the country, nothing but the softest cows everywhere! Come to think of it, there were a bunch of farms in England that had signs out front that said “Apples”. Those farms must belong to Apple.

And here I was, thinking soft European leather was just marketing!

22. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I got that message as well. I just changed my billing zip code to my current address and it went through. My billing address is different from my card home address. I figured they were asking for the card billing address zip code.

Already bought 6 cases in two transactions.

23. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I was once fed some some crap from a salesperson when buying a couch that they don’t use barbed wire on farms in Europe, so cows don’t rub against it and leave marks on the hide. They’re more “free range” than those in America. I’ve never observed roaming cows in Europe, so who knows...

24. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

I do not know why you are being so hostile?

I was just pointing out, that in fact, Apple does use real leather to make their cases. I could careless if it is European, American, or any other leather from around the world, as long as it is real.

Also, for $5.00...that is more than a steal seeing as how I rarely ever see Apple cases discounted, and if they are it is usually only for $5.00-10.00 max!

:apple:

25. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Relax Francis. I was having a go at Apple, not you, which is why I quoted Apple, not you.