Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2019.

1. SRLMJ23, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM

SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

No problem, more my fault than yours because I just assumed you quoted my entire post.

I agree with you that Apple should just put 100% leather on the package, not "specially tanned and finished European leather." However, knowing Tim Cook, they did market research on that term and found it would increase leather case sales in-between 0.5%-2.0% with people who have a "leather fetish." That possible 2.0% sales increase is something Tim Cook just cannot say no too!

:apple:

2. Juanbond macrumors member

Juanbond

Being the frugal person that I am, I chatted with one of the live agents to see why my $50 cases were “only” marked down to $5 instead of $4. The rep told me the other $1 per case will come as an adjustment to my next bill.

3. mihike macrumors newbie

Strange, couldn't order from my PC just now, got a blank screen when I tried to view my cart or checkout. But ordered fine from iPad.

Have been very happy with the quality of my Apple leather cases. After a year and a half the corners are worn on the one on my X there it's taken some good scrapes, but it holds together well. The one on my 6 held up well for over two years.

4. cashville2400 macrumors regular

cashville2400

Got my wife one for her 8 plus. It would have been nice if there was an XS Max, but I wasn’t really expecting to see one.

5. Jemi9OD, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

Bah, I keep getting "Unable to complete order" messages that ask me to call in for help with my request. :(

Edited to add: I got through the checkout process! Sweet, thanks for the tip!

6. MrUNIMOG macrumors 6502

MrUNIMOG

Too bad AT&T don't seem to ship outside the US. :(

7. JustiNYCity macrumors member

JustiNYCity

guys I ordered 3 separate times with 3 cancellation emails received, with my last order attempt being made saturday morning. Check your junk inboxes for cancellation emails. AT&T agent told me they have been sold out (they possibly have been since friday) and to check back.

8. Ebs757 macrumors newbie

Ebs757

I was able to make two separate orders yesterday but have received two emails today back to back saying it has been cancelled due to them not being able to verify me. Now I try to re make the order and X and XS cases out of stock.

9. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

I ordered mine on Friday and received two confirmation emails, pending email stating it was shipped.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:32 PM ---
    Perks of not having AT&T, I got the discount right there and then.

10. MacAttack76 macrumors newbie

I ordered 23 cases in 4 separate orders on Saturday, and they all still show in progress. Haven’t received any cancellation emails.

11. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Two seperate orders are still “in progress”.
    I was expecting a shipped email already so now not sure whats gonna happen.

None of the cases I ordered were “out of stock”

12. frosty18 macrumors member

frosty18

mine is the same for the white silicone. My first order was cancelled because my shipping zip was different from my billing. This time it seems okay. Hopefully ships tomorrow. Also it says in the confirmation email that detailed info isn’t available yet

13. Ebs757 macrumors newbie

Ebs757

I think the issue is that the stuck wasn't updated over the weekend. Of course it would not let you order unless they were in stock

14. shinseiromeo macrumors 6502

shinseiromeo

With reading about canceled orders, I just went to Best Buy and thankfully they pricematched a red and a black leather case for me! Checked later in the day today and saw they are now sold out. Got in just under the wire.

15. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

pnoyblazed

16. shinseiromeo macrumors 6502

shinseiromeo

It was around 1-2pm EST that all of the leather cases listed as sold out.

17. Justanotherfanboy macrumors regular

Justanotherfanboy

Same

18. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I just got an E-mail saying my case won't ship until March 10th.

I suspect this was a big fowl-up on AT&T's part. Wouldn't be surprised if the order doesn't get cancelled eventually.

Oh well, if I get it next month, that was a good deal. Otherwise, easy come easy go. :)

19. bradley8795 macrumors regular

bradley8795

I just got an email saying my order was delayed until March 10th.

20. georgeedwardg macrumors member

georgeedwardg

Same here. Was hoping to give these as a nice extra for Valentine’s Day, but I suppose that won’t be happening. Bless AT&T. They lost my business 8 years ago when I switched to Verizon. This is my first transaction with them since then and they have solidified my decision. Thank you, next.

21. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

Same. Kinda bummed.

22. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

Same here

23. bradley8795 macrumors regular

bradley8795

Same, and I don't miss them one little bit. Verizon is better in every way. I just got 2 for some gifts, don't really care when they show up, would have been nice to be quick, but nothing about AT&T is ever quick.

24. frosty18 macrumors member

frosty18

My order still says “in progress”. No emails about my order being delayed. I ordered my white silicone xs case on Saturday. Let’s hope it ships today!

25. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Same here. I really hope my order does not get cancelled and that my order ships today, or at least this week sometime!

:apple: