Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Discounts are continuing to hit the new 16-inch MacBook Pro, with Adorama now offering $120 off select models. In total, you can find discounts on the 16-inch MacBook Pro at Amazon, Adorama, Expercom Best Buy, and B&H Photo, with Expercom remaining the best in terms of sales among these retailers.

macbookpro16inchdisplay.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To help sort through all these sales, we've compiled a list of each retailer's offers in this article, representing the current best places to get a discount on the new 16-inch MacBook Pro. Your best bet is still at Expercom, which has the entry level 512GB Silver model at $2,227 ($172 off), but Adorama and Amazon's new price point of $2,279 for this model ($120 off) is also solid.

Shoppers should note that in many instances these notebooks will ship later than Apple's estimated dates, by as much as three weeks, particularly for those ordered from Amazon. For Best Buy's sales, you'll also need to be a part of the My Best Buy program to notice the discounts on each MacBook Pro. Take a look at each price markdown in the lists below and be sure to shop before the sales expire.

Expercom's Sale (Up to $436 off)

Adorama and Amazon's Sales (Up to $120 off)

• 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Silver - $2,279.00, down from $2,399.00 [Adorama, Amazon]
    16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Silver - $2,679.00, down from $2,799.00 [Adorama, Amazon, and Matched at B&H]
    16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Space Gray - $2,693.45, down from $2,799.00 [Amazon]
B&H and Best Buy's Sales ($100 off)

• 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Silver - $2,299.00, down from $2,399.00 [B&H, Best Buy]
    16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Space Gray - $2,299.00, down from $2,399.00 [B&H, Best Buy, matched at Amazon]
    16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Silver - $2,699.00, down from $2,799.00 [Best Buy]
    16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Space Gray - $2,699.00, down from $2,799.00 [B&H, Best Buy]
Head to our full Deals Roundup for more Apple-related bargains, and then visit our Black Friday Roundup to prepare for the upcoming shopping event, which is now just nine days away.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Here Are The Best Places to Get a Discount on Apple's New 16-Inch MacBook Pro

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
Be wary of ****** return policies.

B&H, Adorama, and Expercom have absolutely crap return policies. Good luck exchanging a computer you aren't happy with when you lose the Apple screen lottery and they don't consider that a defect, or similar, and you're stuck with it.

Reactions: V.K.

apb87

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
I went with Expercom. They also currently offer Apple Care at an additional $50 discount.

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Or wait for refurbs in a few months.

My hunch is there will be a shortage of refurbs. I mean, many refirbs come from customer returns, and if nobody returns it, no refurb for you!

(Granted some refurbs are pulled off assembly line due to defect, repaired, and sold...so there will always be some refurbs. But i still think it will be harder to find a refurb 16" than it was in the last couple of years.)

What i want to know is what deals are in store for black Friday? Im surprised they already had discounts on day 1...
[automerge]1574296873[/automerge]
Be wary of ****** return policies.

B&H, Adorama, and Expercom have absolutely crap return policies. Good luck exchanging a computer you aren't happy with when you lose the Apple screen lottery and they don't consider that a defect, or similar, and you're stuck with it.

Not sure what you are referring to. Ive spent a lot if cash at B&H, and never once had a hint of a problem. I would go there over pretty much any place else.

Warranty for most things, from candy bars to major purchases, is handled by the mfg, btw....so if you have an issue, you take it to Apple. They will fix it for free. Only thing B&H would cover is something like shipping damage, because all they actually do is warehouse product and then ship it.

Last edited:

GoodWheaties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
It seems crazy that a brand new Macbook already is on sale. I don’t recall it being this early before.

MatrixRabbit

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2018
There are only select people in tax-free states. While they might not collect it, states are often now requesting online retailers to submit a list of customers and sales, and then sending them a tax bill.

Your best bet is to shop Apple Academic and pay the tax.

It looks like an excellent laptop, albeit only .6" bigger. I suppose the keyboard is worth it. They should have made it 17" with ports, standard function keys. Think of it in the same form factor as the 2015. Ideally a 6K screen so it could mirror to the XDR display.

drcre8tive

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2014
New Orleans
I don't know anything about these discount companies, but I certainly wouldn't gamble a $3000+ purchase on a company named Expercom or Adorama... just the lame names alone say "no" to me..

Digital Dude

macrumors 65816
I regretted my last two MacBook/Pro versions with consistent keyboard failures. While I was skeptical, I went ahead and gave it one last try in 2018. I'm now thoroughly done with buying Apple computers and will look to a Lenovo ThinkPad for my next purchase. I'm currently typing on my 2017 MBP, and this keyboard has failed twice! Even now, the '1/!' key no longer clicks when pressed. To say that Apple has lost its edge would be an understatement. Meanwhile, the PC market has increasingly improved on build quality, and Windows is finally making strides with fewer doggy issues. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
Costco is selling the 16 inch for $100 off plus you get their free 3 year warranty.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, unless I missed something, Costco doesn't support BTO options such as upgrading the GPU, do they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.