Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Deals: Target Offering $15 Credit When You Purchase a $100 iTunes Gift Card

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Target is again offering its shoppers a chance to get a $15 Target gift card when they buy a $100 App Store and iTunes e-gift card. This sale will last through June 6, and this offer is only available online.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Target. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

It's been a while since we've seen the regular 15 percent sale on iTunes gift cards, so while this sale isn't a straight discount it should be worth it for anyone who shops at Target frequently and has been running low on iTunes credit.

For those interested, head to Target and add the $100 App Store and iTunes gift card to your cart. Once at the checkout screen, Target will automatically apply the $15 gift card promotion to your transaction.

Once you've placed the order, you'll receive a few emails (within a few hours): one detailing the code for your iTunes gift card and one for your promotional $15 Target gift card information. As with most Target orders, if you have a RedCard you can also save an additional 5 percent on the iTunes gift card.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Target Offering $15 Credit When You Purchase a $100 iTunes Gift Card

Last edited:

Trik

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2011
Washington, DC
Not bad, close to 20% off (I have a Target Red Card), which is usually when I buy a bunch close to Black Friday.

Comment

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
To get this discount, you have to use or establish a Target account.

Comment

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
The weird part about this was that the ad originally was buy $100 iTunes/App Store, get a $15 Starbucks gift card (here's a mention of it, as you can see the Target link is broken in that article). I happened to be at Target on Sunday and took advantage of that, went back to link to the flyer with that mentioned and the image has been changed to a $15 Target gift card. I wonder what happened for the abrupt change.

Reactions: !!!
Comment

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
After I get $15 Target gift card, can I redeem it toward $15 App Store/iTunes gift card for $115 total?

Reactions: !!!
Comment

FightTheFuture

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
After I get $15 Target gift card, can I redeem it toward $15 App Store/iTunes gift card for $115 total?
According to the description for the App Store & iTunes Gift Card on Target’s site, you can’t. My coworker once told me that buying a gift card with a gift card was considered kiting, but there’s probably a better term for it:

Description

Available in a variety of denominations - spend it on in-app content, books, TV show subscriptions or even iCloud storage to secure files from all your Apple devices.

You cannot use a Target GiftCard to purchase this card in store or on Target.com.

Comment

Wags

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Doesn’t say that you cannot.

Terms & conditions
Free $15 gift card (Email Delivery) when you spend $100 or more on App Store & iTunes gift cards. (Email Delivery). Not valid on previous orders. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ 3rd Party Partners. Quantities limited. Free item may ship separately. Free item will ship when order is completed. If the free gift item is in stock, the item will automatically be added to the order. If the free item is no longer in stock, it will not be listed in your order. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, your refund value will be reduced by the prorated amount of the free item. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 6/6/2020 at 11:59pm PT.

Last edited:
Comment

joeblough

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2006
what's weird is the almost total lack of itunes gift card deals in the past few months. there used to regularly be 15% deals (and in the distant past there were 20% off deals) but lately this "get a GC" offer is the only one that's cropped up.

i used to wait for the 15% sales and stock up to effectively get a 15% discount on apple music and icloud storage. but i'm running low now and not really interested in this type of "rebate" offer.

Comment

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010

In my experience, Target blocks buying iTunes/App Store and phone refill cards with Target gift cards and probably anything similar (Google Play, etc.)

A few years back, I bought the max of Target gift cards when they do their once-a-year-10%-off sale (stacked with it being a 5% Discover category) and then slowly depleted them over the course of the next year. I think a few restaurant ones worked, but anything that was a load-money-on-an-account would just fail at checkout (prompted to use another payment). I wasn't going out of my way to do it—actually just happened to be getting gift cards when they'd have sales, and was sort of on autopilot at the checkout. They may have completely blocked it in person by now, so you may be better off using the $15 on merchandise/food/etc.

I know they got really good with their "category coupons" that exclude almost everything, so there's been some clever work being done with programming.

Comment

BGPL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2016
California
No use for it right now. Apple TV is bone dry of new entertainment options, especially movies. Understandably so, but even redbox has resorted to releasing old titles all over again.

The good news is here though - the eighth installment of Sniper is coming soon. Yes, eighth. Can't wait OMFG.

Sniper 8.jpeg

Comment

aandre

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013

Target is again offering its shoppers a chance to get a $15 Target gift card when they buy a $100 App Store and iTunes e-gift card. This sale will last through June 6, and this offer is only available online.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Target. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

It's been a while since we've seen the regular 15 percent sale on iTunes gift cards, so while this sale isn't a straight discount it should be worth it for anyone who shops at Target frequently and has been running low on iTunes credit.

For those interested, head to Target and add the $100 App Store and iTunes gift card to your cart. Once at the checkout screen, Target will automatically apply the $15 gift card promotion to your transaction.

Once you've placed the order, you'll receive a few emails (within a few hours): one detailing the code for your iTunes gift card and one for your promotional $15 Target gift card information. As with most Target orders, if you have a RedCard you can also save an additional 5 percent on the iTunes gift card.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Target Offering $15 Credit When You Purchase a $100 iTunes Gift Card
Note that it’s one $15 gift card for each order containing a $100 iTunes gift card. If you place an order of three $100 iTunes gift cards, you’ll only receive one $15 Target gift card.

Comment

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2016
You can save $15 on each $100 iTunes card you use when paying the IRS agent not to have you arrested!!!! What an amazing deal!!!

Seriously, does anybody actually buy these stupid things for anything legitimate? AFAIK they're purely scammer currency.

Comment

Shirasaki

macrumors G4
May 16, 2015
You can save $15 on each $100 iTunes card you use when paying the IRS agent not to have you arrested!!!! What an amazing deal!!!

Seriously, does anybody actually buy these stupid things for anything legitimate? AFAIK they're purely scammer currency.
Good for people who are not living in US to enjoy some US-only contents. Same for other countries that offer iTunes gift card sale. Also good for kids managing their money without managing real money.

Reactions: glowplug
Comment

glowplug

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2017

I'm at the checkout screen and total still says $100. Was anyone able to checkout for $85?

Comment

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Note that it’s one $15 gift card for each order containing a $100 iTunes gift card. If you place an order of three $100 iTunes gift cards, you’ll only receive one $15 Target gift card.

Yep, this has been some weird programming on their app/web site for promotions like this one or the various phone card sales (buy a $50+ refill, get $5 off). Fortunately, they don't seem to care how many separate purchases you make, so the only downside is repeating a few taps, multiple transactions, and multiple emails.

I'm at the checkout screen and total still says $100. Was anyone able to checkout for $85?

Typically, the Target gift card is activated immediately after the purchase (in person when the transaction goes through or online via email), so the intent is that you'd use it on your next purchase. Also, like many retailers, they don't allow purchasing most, if not all, gift cards with gift cards.

Reactions: glowplug
Comment

glowplug

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2017
Typically, the Target gift card is activated immediately after the purchase (in person when the transaction goes through or online via email), so the intent is that you'd use it on your next purchase. Also, like many retailers, they don't allow purchasing most, if not all, gift cards with gift cards.

Ok, thanks this clarifies. Original wording seemed to imply the discount was applied to the current purchase.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.