Dear "Educated" Rioting Liberarls...I mean liberals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cineplex, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

To all the rioters or people thinking of rioting;

America was built on the dream that anyone could become President of the United States. This week the people of our country elected the first non-political and non-military person in history. That in itself is historic. It should be a message for our children and proof that the people have access to the presidency. It is not just made for the political elite and the military arms of our country. We are going to be led by a true citizen, a wealthy (maybe crazy) citizen, but a true citizen.

What I can't understand is why you choose to help destroy this country. Between the rioters, Tim Cook, the CEO of GrubHub, and the people trying to separate California...you are creating and starting a civil war. You are dividing the country, not Mr. Trump. That is much worse than anything Trump actually has the power to do. When President Obama was elected for both terms, there were no mass riots by the other side. There were no burnings of the American flag. There was not destruction of hard working American's property. These people are a disgrace to the country and should be ashamed and embarrassed by their actions. Democrats preach tolerance and acceptance, but only if they agree with terms of it and get their way it seems. That is not tolerance and certainly not acceptance. With these actions you are putting lives in danger and prohibiting the liberty of others. You are working against the constitution.

This election was fair, open, and by the book. The American people chose a president. You must accept that and move forward. You can protest by selecting a new candidate in four years. Our country will fall if divided. We need to stand together and help our new president make the right choices for our county. Rioting never solves problems. Make your voice heard by peaceful protests of the issues when they are relevant. Write petitions and start movements for the issues. Let our new president hear your concern in a professional and constitutional manner. Connect with your congressmen and senators. There are many ways to be heard. Let's not divide our country when it needs solidarity the most. If our country falls apart, everyone looses. There is no victory to be had here.

We all see Mr. Trump as a rich tycoon that has a huge ego. But this man is probably more scared of running the country than you are of him running it. He has a lot to learn in a short time before he can start working for us. Trust that President Obama will be a great guide to help him understand why he worked so hard for certain things and what they mean for the people of our country. We need to stand behind our president as Americans and help to make our country strong. We need to give him a chance to do the right things for us before we crucify him. Condemning a man before we see his action is just not right. We are demanding the demise of a man that hasn't served us for one minute. Can't you see how crazy that is? We as Americans need to stand up and say to the world we are united and are looking forward to helping our new president make this country the best in the world. Let's make the United States a positive place and show the world just how strong we are. I know it can be done, because I had to put my differences aside when President Obama won the presidency twice. If I, an "uneducated" white man, can put my differences aside and stand behind my new president, why can't you?

Always getting your way is not the promise of America.

Thank you.

2. Zenithal Suspended

It's like this after any two term president when the opposite party takes over. It's the same rioting each and every time. It used to be peaceful in those days. From the photos I've seen, the majority look to be college-aged. I get it, I too was over emotional when I was their age. Granted we didn't riot or slam cars with golf clubs in those days. Peaceful protest? Sure. University installing silly fees? Move the dean's car into the nearby manmade lake, etc.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The irony of using "educated" in the title ... and then misspelling, "Liberarls".

:D

4. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Are the buses ready to deport those protestors? I hope those celebrities left the country as they promised.

5. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

Yaaa....I saw that as I clicked post....can't edit the title after the fact :/

6. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

You do know that you can edit it afterwards though, right?

(Probably shouldn't have said that though..)

7. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

The irony with these riots, is they are counter productive to their cause. All they do is make people dislike them more and respond with even more passion to voting against whatever it is the chants are about.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

Professional rioters:
    Hobos, mentaly disturbed people, freedloaders, criminals and teenagers.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

All of this is very ironic.

So much preaching from the same people (and this is a generalization, not directed at the OP) who have spent the last 8 years complaining, calling names, asking for arrests, asking for impeachment, and lawsuits.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

On the topic of these protesters - I am all for peaceful protest. I've participated in hundreds myself, so I can understand being young, and disappointed, and frustrated. I think it's a good thing that they're not apathetic. That said, I just wish that they would have shown this fervor BEFORE the election. Getting people to register, getting people to the polls, donating time and/or money on the local level. I hope take this disappointment and put it towards making real change.

And violence at these protests is never ok.

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Exactly. Liberals had tons of time to rally together for the American people starting from when the primary results came in.

They could have taken to the streets stating that Trump isn't a good candidate, we want a new one. Or Hillary doesn't deserve our vote, we want Sanders.

I would make an educated guess that none of this happened because it was unimaginable for Trump to win, it was a clear shot that the Democrats would retain. Perhaps there was a selfish motive in it as well since many people were predicting a landslide.

I don't mind peaceful protests, that's one of the freedoms and beauty of this country. But when violence takes place - either physical or mental - I will never support that.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm willing to see how Trump LEADS. He can start by not tweeting about the media being unfair. And he can also condemn the actions of those people committing hate crimes in schools and throughout the country as had been reported.

12. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I think he was pointing out that he wasn't one of them.

But hey, keep beating the insult drum! It worked out so well for you this week.

13. Zenithal Suspended

When I was growing up, people who rioted were defined as those with little class and dignity, but also the very bottom of the barrel in terms of societal function. Need I say more?

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Let them do the same. I think OP was calling out the rioting.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One team gets to celebrate.

The other team gets to vent.

Both throw in a fair number of insults.

That's generally how it goes.

16. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

Where is it then? I don't see it anywhere. I can edit the post, but not the thread title. More options doesn't show anything. Where is it?

17. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

GO EDUCATE YOURSELF THEN!

or press that little wheely icon top right corner where it then says edit thread title (or similiar).

But the title is sympathetic as is - I'd leave it alone. :)

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Did you press the little settings icon below the thread tittle? I thinks it's there.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It seemed to work well for Trump.

20. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It looks like a little cog wheel - you should find it beside the small signs that read 'most liked posts' & 'watch thread' - and is only visible to the thread starter.

Click on it, and you should be able to see an option which allows you to edit the thread title.

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

There's no way there would be this type of rioting if Hillary was elected.

And there's not even that many people rioting or protesting! The media outlets put may too much emphasis on this and it suddenly becomes a "movement" but there's really nothing there.

22. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

I was going crazy trying to find it....then I pulled it up on my phone and there it was. There is something on this work PC that is blocking it or not rendering it correctly. Guess that's what happens when you are using a million antivirus apps, 20 ad blockers, a vintage version of IE, and have Elmer Fudd as your IT guy.

But maybe I'll leave it. lol

Thanks for the help.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

On Twitter I was told to leave the country if I couldn't support his "Presidancy". To me this summed up the election perfectly, for the next four years we're going to be trolled by the poorly educated.

That being the case I'm going to throw them a bone here, if the word is underlined in red, you can right click and it will give you the proper spelling, at least if you're remotely close. There, don't say we're not trying to work with his supporters.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

We could all use a bone right now.

(not intended to be as dirty as it sounds)

Bones for everybody.

25. kobalap macrumors 6502

Maybe if we pray hard enough.