Death of notch in 2018 and not 2019 as predicted

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011

mi7chy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
You want it converted to ASCII so you can read it on your Apple II?

Reactions: Tsepz

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I thought the point of posting something was to have a discussion. What’s the angle of the start of this discussion? That notches are bad? That some companies have figured out how to put the camera under the glass? Sentences help.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
Doesn't answer my question.

The person who posted doesn't own the YouTube channel.

I see no problem with posting a video in the first post
I did answer the question......

I don't know if the OP owns the Youtube channel or not, i don't think there is anyway you could know that for sure. Maybe your account is also owned by the Youtube? That'd explain why you are getting so defensive! Who knows?

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I did answer the question......

I don't know if the OP owns the Youtube channel or not, i don't think there is anyway you could know that for sure. Maybe your account is also owned by the Youtube? That'd explain why you are getting so defensive! Who knows?
Yep, maybe my account is owned by YouTube they better start paying!

The YouTube channel is owned by Unbox Therapy NOT the OP.

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013
I thought the point of posting something was to have a discussion. What’s the angle of the start of this discussion? That notches are bad? That some companies have figured out how to put the camera under the glass? Sentences help.
Did you watch the video? Nubia basically found another way to kill the notch, by putting a 2nd display at the back, so you can use the MAIN Camera for Selfies to, very interesting approach, one of those "in-transition phase" ideas, while the industry is figuring out how to put Cameras under displays without creating notches and holes in the display.

You just had to comment on what you thought.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Did you watch the video? Nubia basically found another way to kill the notch, by putting a 2nd display at the back, so you can use the MAIN Camera for Selfies to, very interesting approach, one of those "in-transition phase" ideas, while the industry is figuring out how to put Cameras under displays without creating notches and holes in the display.

You just had to comment on what you thought.
That doesn’t change my point at all. What’s the conversation? What’s the point of this thread?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
So did you expect the OP to do a write-up of a video he saw?
Yes, I honestly expect that. I am not wasting my time watching videos which could be shortened into a few quick statements that can be read in a fraction of the time. There's not a single Youtube video which can't be read in text faster than it being viewed, and if there's a point that OP wants to put through, he could at least state his arguments, other than link to a random Youtube video. I don't even know what he means by his weird thread title.

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013
Yes, I honestly expect that. I am not wasting my time watching videos which could be shortened into a few quick statements that can be read in a fraction of the time. There's not a single Youtube video which can't be read in text faster than it being viewed, and if there's a point that OP wants to put through, he could at least state his arguments, other than link to a random Youtube video. I don't even know what he means by his weird thread title.
I usually just ignore a thread if I don't understand it or have an interest in it, but that's just me I guess.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
Yep, maybe my account is owned by YouTube they better start paying!

The YouTube channel is owned by Unbox Therapy NOT the OP.
Maybe my point is lost on you?

A lot of Youtubers use MacRumours and you even see posts/topics discussed in a lot of their videos. I have never seen an Youtube have the same account name on here. I'm pretty sure Youtubers (especially those with few subs/viewers) crawl the internets looking for places to embed their videos in order to get views. The OP could very well be an Unbox Therapy employee (even though their name doesn't say 'UnboxEmployeeRUs'). I've heard of private companies that do this for clients now too, like how restaurants can pay people to write fake reviews.

It's just a little bit suspicious when a video is just posted up with no thoughts or comments written with it....

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013

A lot of Youtubers use MacRumours and you even see posts/topics discussed in a lot of their videos. I have never seen an Youtube have the same account name on here. I'm pretty sure Youtubers (especially those with few subs/viewers) crawl the internets looking for places to embed their videos in order to get views. The OP could very well be an Unbox Therapy employee (even though their name doesn't say 'UnboxEmployeeRUs'). I've heard of private companies that do this for clients now too, like how restaurants can pay people to write fake reviews.

It's just a little bit suspicious when a video is just posted up with no thoughts or comments written with it....
Lol, so mi7chy (OP) , who has been around here for a long time and posted endless threads and posts with videos, tutorials etc... From all over the web and all sorts of YouTube videos actually comes specifically from Unbox Therapy? Got ya.

Where do I come from then? I have posted videos from most major YouTube reviewers much like mi7chy, (from MKBHD, Erica Griffin, to Jerry Rig) etc...., I could be Mr. Mobile OR Flossy Carter

Just by the way, Unbox Therapy have about 13 Million Subscribers, doubt they are here looking for views, but as you were...

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011

Lol, so mi7chy (OP) , who has been around here for a long time and posted endless threads and posts with videos, tutorials etc... From all over the web and all sorts of YouTube videos actually comes specifically from Unbox Therapy? Got ya.

Where do I come from then? I have posted videos from most major YouTube reviewers much like mi7chy, (from MKBHD, Erica Griffin, to Jerry Rig) etc...., I could be Mr. Mobile OR Flossy Carter

Just by the way, Unbox Therapy have about 13 Million Subscribers, doubt they are here looking for views, but as you were...
I hope you make good money from it then.