Death Threats headed towards the Electoral College Voters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Nov 18, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Just came across this -- http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/electoral-college-voters-deluged-with-death-threats/

I couldn't find any non-independent sources reporting this, but USA Today reports that the Tennessee Electoral College Voters are getting harassed with tons of emails requesting them to change.

Per Buzzfeed (great source right), #NotMyPresident, a national alliance of Anti-Trump supporters were handing out a spreadsheet that "included the personal phone numbers, addresses, religions, races, genders, and candidate preference of the electors." This is public information though. There is no proven relation between the spreadsheet and the death threats, etc. I just found this out while researching and thought to include it as well. The spokesperson of the group did say "'The point was to collect as a tool for peaceful action. The whole thing is we’re fighting against someone who’s contentious and hateful. No one in our group is going to use it for nefarious purposes.'”

I never understood the death threat mentality of some people. Hell, I remember reading about that lady who took a picture with Hillary post election got death threats as well; even that alleged anonymous Trump victim got death threats. It's a problem on both sides, I'll say that for sure.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

While the electoral college was put in to overturn a result like this death threats aren't a good way of getting them to change their votes.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No one is overturning anything. This is the whining left losing in normal fashion. Give them some play dough and puzzles so they shut up already.

4. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Didn't the whining right lose for the past 8 years? Have you been playing with play dough and puzzles this entire time?

Look, terms along the lines of "whining right" and "whining left" come across as juvenile and sophomoric. Frankly, using these childish and petty insults says more about you than the people who you disagree with.

On the topic of the thread, people who send death threats are the true "deplorables".

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Completely agreed.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Maybe McConnell can just share his play dough. Guy probably has truckloads of it after the last 8 years.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Somehow I think he ate all of it.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

That's what Pelosi uses as makeup.