Debbie Wasserman Will Resign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Breaking news, DWS will resign after the convention.

Discuss. ;)

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Bernie is happy. He finally got what he wanted.

Now, let's have a peaceful DNC this week!

Clinton/Kaine!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Stays on through the convention. Gavels it open and closed and gives a speech. I'm sure they'll bury her in non-prime time.

4. zin macrumors 6502

They're counting on the ignorance of its members. These leaks show that this stretched across the entirety of the senior management of the DNC. As a matter of fact, the DNC Communications Director wrote and approved far worse things than DWS.

They all should resign.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not good enough. She should resign immediately not after the convention. If I were Hillary, I would demand it.

Of course I am biased. I have never liked DWS and never thought she was a good representation for the party. I like her about as much as a Republican would. I may even like her counterpart Reince Preibus better. And he's a slimy used car salesman type. :D

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Hillary probably doesn't want her to resign and will reward her for being the fall gal with a cabinet job.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Will DWS have a speaking role or even appear at the convention? I can't imagine how.

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Supposedly, they took away her speaking role. I believe this was reported this morning. I mean, they were going to boo her whole speech. I'm sure Trump would be happy.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

She is still planning to gavel the convention in and out. But that is crazy. The booing that will ensue will make the booing that occurred last week during the RNC look like a cakewalk. Even I would boo that if I were there.

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

What did Bernie do?

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Huh? Bernie BEEN wanted her to resign...even during the primaries.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Jail would be nice.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 24, 2016 ---
    By voting Clinton you and everyone else is pretty much accepting what happened as justifiable.
    Hope Bernie joins Jill and sticks it to the DNC

13. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Is it a crime? I'm really asking, not busting your balls. The DNC is a private organization, its not like its election fraud, or is it? Yes its an election, but they make the rules so.....
    And I don't agree with that by voting for Hillary we are accepting what happened as justifiable. You can agree that it was wrong but still think having Trump as pres is unacceptable.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Of course it's a crime. My feelings said so.:D
    Hope those moves cost them the election
    If stopping trump makes you feel better about supporting what the DNC dud then have at it

15. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I doubt it. Like some guy on this forum says so much it makes me sick "her supporters don't care" and I don't think it will push the fence sitters to the other side.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You should care when it fits my agenda:mad:

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Just so everyone understands this: The DNC server was hacked by Russian operators, acting at the express order of Vladimir Putin.

Because why? Because it would suit Vladimir Putin very nicely if Donald Trump was to be the next President of the United States. I'll let you work out for yourselves why he might want that.

There wasn't any monetary value to hacking the DNC server. No list of credit card or bank account numbers. The only value in the DNC server hack was to people looking to somehow discredit the US Democratic Party. The only people with an interest, and means, of doing that were Russian state-backed hackers.

So be very careful what you are cheering about here.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

^ Thank you for putting this in its proper context.

That said, I know it won't happen, but one of the best chairs they had in a long time was Howard Dean. I'd like to see him back in that role.

19. zin macrumors 6502

False. There were credit card numbers, social security numbers, names, addresses, and telephone numbers of DNC donors stored in plain text format on their servers.

I'll admit that I am very confused at the persistence in ignoring what the DNC has said and done. Instead, there seems to be greater concentration placed on the responsible party of the breach as opposed to the conduct of those that were breached.
    For your interest, there is in fact a lawsuit pending before federal court that is seeking class-action status. It alleges that the Democratic National Committee defrauded donors by violating its charter in engaging in the conduct shown by the emails, essentially misrepresenting what it was doing with the donations.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I heard she will not be speaking and others are filling in to speak on her behalf.

I think it's very shady and unfair to have a group of people within the party pulling strings where they should be unbiased. I don't think in reality it would have made a difference in the outcome of the primary though. Still not good though, goodbye and good riddance.

P.S. These people aren't very smart to leave a paper trail of corrupt activity.

21. Gjwilly, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016

Gjwilly macrumors 68030

For those too lazy to click the link, there is no mention at all of Vladimir Putin.

Since vrDrew apparently didn't actually read the article he linked, the theorized reasoning for the hack was to gather intel on Donald Trump, not to embarrass the DNC.
    With Hillary, they already know they can simply buy her off. Or blackmail her through her husbands indiscretions.
    For Trump they actually have to do some digging to find his weak points.
    And she wasn't planning on a second term anyway.
    Just more of the democrats acting like they police their own without anyone actually facing any consequences.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Let me give you another link, for those too dopey to figure out why Russian hackers would be wasting their time on a political, rather than a commercial, site:

and

Maybe another one?

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Please. You are pretending Clinton & the DNC did nothing

24. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Thank you for the facts. Right now I know people who actually believe Bernie's folk did the hacking (Bernie knows Russians?? That's the lamest excuse ever...) What sort of news station do they listen to? Hopefully not the same local channel where, some time ago, the ditzy reporter goes "Germany has the most paid days off per year of any developed country. How do they get any work done?? *snorts* " Maybe she loves having no time for family or personal rest and is jealous or something?

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Did the DNC decide that Senator Sanders - a man who couldn't actually bring himself to put a D after his name - wasn't the ideal choice to be their party's Presidential candidate?

Sure. What of it?

The Democratic Party isn't a public resource. It (like the Republican Party) is a private organization. One free to make up whatever rules, and make whatever decisions about how it operates that it wants to. So long as they don't break the law, it is - quite literally -no one's business.