Deborah Ferrari - Best Gift to Give a 2-Year Old Baby Girl

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by deborahferrari, Jul 13, 2015.

1. deborahferrari macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I'm Deborah Ferrari, I want to gift something special to my 2-yr old niece as she's having her birthday in coming month.
    So, please suggest me the best gifts I could give her.

Thanks.
    Deborah Ferrari.

2. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Disney princess outfits if she is into dress up.

3. koa macrumors 6502

A share of Disney or Apple stock. Or start a savings account.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

That's the thing. 2 year old girl could mean a wide array of things depending on their growth level.

6. elistan macrumors 6502a

Based on my observation of two year old kids, you could give her a rock from the yard and she'd be ecstatic about it.
    You could give her something her parents want or need. That's highly dependent on her parents. Ask them.
    You could give her something her parents think she wants or needs. Again, that's highly dependent on her parents.
    Or you could give her a contribution to a 529 fund.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

A big cardboard box and some crayons. She could turn it into whatever she wanted.
    But let's be honest, she's two. She's not really going to know one way or the other.

8. Roller macrumors 68020

You could always give her a car that matches your last name. Don't worry, she'll grow into it and it will appreciate in value. :)

Seriously, the best gifts you can give a child are your undivided time and attention, if it's feasible based on where you both live. If I could go back and spend more time with my kids in lieu of sharing less time together and giving them presents, I'd do it.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Hm. The OP hasn't returned with comments, observations or anything else, since the first post was made and the thread created, and the first post in this thread was also the first post the OP has made since joining the forum.

Re toys, I'm a big fan of toys you can do something with, - such as LEGO, although a two-year-old is probably a little young for that - I think I was given my first set at around five. For what it is worth, I am also keen on the perennial favourites. Actually, I don't think I have ever met a child who didn't love a cuddly toy or a teddy bear.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Mostly because the OP is likely a spammer.

Kids grow/mature at different rates. I've seen kids capable of reading at 3, while others can't even at 6-7. I've seen plenty of articulate, or at least for that age range, 3-5 YOs and that's cool.

11. Roller macrumors 68020

Ha! For a second, I thought that the second sentence in your post offered an explanation as to why the OP might have felt the need to post spam here. Now, we have no proof that the OP was spamming, but I also find it odd that we've seen no follow up posts, especially given that many of the replies constituted honest answers to the OP's question.

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Owned high traffic sites like this for several years. Deborah is likely from East Europe, South Asia or the Far East. You get an idea of what's legit and what's not after a couple years.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

But why post such a question? Is it to gauge likely responses?

A lot of the time, a spam post has links embedded; this seemed to be a genuine question, albeit a rather unusual one for a first post, especially a post that hasn't been followed up.

I'll admit that when I see a thread started by an OP who posts one single, solitary post, and never returns, my alarm bells go off.

14. Roller macrumors 68020

The OP's use of what could very well be a legitimate first and last name is also interesting. I believe that many who register on forums such as this one do so under a pseudonym (or "handle," as it was known in the CB radio days) in an attempt to remain anonymous. In a way, it's unfortunate that people feel the need to protect themselves this way, since this likely promotes uncivil discourse. However, I'm certainly not critical of this practice, as it's one that I also follow.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I've no quarrel whatsoever with the notion of a pseudonym, - however realistic sounding - or nom de plume; it makes a lot of sense in the online world.

However, I am now a bit curious as to why the content, or topic, of that first post was chosen. For an OP's only post, it is somewhat unusual.

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

These days, forum software comes standard with options allowing an administrator to prevent links being posted for X amount of posts and then allowing the person to do it. I've seen plenty of these types of posts before and usually the IP hails from South Asia, as I stated earlier. A legitimate post is made to fool members into putting their guard down. But as I said, anyone who's run large forums for profit, knows it's a complete farce. That, word choice and sentence structure suggests English is this person's second language. That's not how a native or a person who's second language is English but has native proficiency would speak and or write.

But you have the right idea there. It should ring anyone's alarm bell, at least anyone who's attentive to details.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks for taking the trouble to post your thoughts. Would you recommend reporting it?

With a post that is a clear instance of spam, (the usual red flags, one post, a newbie, and embedded links to a dodgy website selling even more dubious stuff), I would report it pretty much immediately, and have done so on numerous occasions.

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Tell you the truth, people rarely do because it seems to legitimate to them. I mean you're free to do so if you wish to. The big downside here is the poor sap who's working in a sweatshop making a few cents per hundred posts. But as the cliche saying goes, c'est la vie.

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, I loathe spam, and, almost invariably, report it when I see it.

But - aside from that - I am genuinely curious as to what this OP is trying to achieve with this oat in this thread. What is the purpose of the post? And the thread?

I get the thinking behind the spam with the embedded link, or links, but what on earth is this one trying to achieve - apart from giving the impression that they are trying to get ideas for a present for a two-year-old when writing a first post?

Are you suggesting that they are attempting to craft an apparently genuine persona in order to have the 'cover' or credibility to be taken more seriously on other things?

20. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Bingo, the former.

Apologies if I wasn't clear. My attention has been on ordering last minute kids items I've overlooked.

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

First time I've ever seen somebody post their name in the title.

Since this is MacRumors, how about an iPod Touch? Never too early ;).

22. hatuko macrumors member

hatuko

:D

23. deborahferrari thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sure, I'll gift her that matches my last name :) but only when i have enough money to buy it.. Rest,, My time attention is always with her..

Thanks for the Suggestion Roller ..

Deborah Ferrari.