Debris between aluminum and glass

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Anyone else finding some small debris building up where the glass meets the aluminum on the back in that little crevice?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yes, this is what I meant by the fit and finish not being as good as the 4/4S, but at least it's not really noticeable and certainly not an eyesore like actual nicks/scratches on the aluminum band and backing. I'm just happy that I have flawless aluminum band and backing.

The fit and finish on the 3G/3GS was 20X worse.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah this stuff is making my OCD go insane. If I get a replacement the new ones only gonna do the same thing.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yeah this stuff is making my OCD go insane. If I get a replacement the new ones only gonna do the same thing.
Unless they improve the fit and finish/gap of the crevices, things are going to get stuck in there. I'd use the needle method if you're OCD enough about it, but I'm just happy I got a flawless metal housing.

chucknelson

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've noticed the same thing on my black iPhone 5, but my iPhone 4 had the same thing going on between the glass and the thin rubber (?) band surrounding it. It really is no big deal and you wont' notice unless you're constantly inspecting your phone up close. Just chill, use the phone, and enjoy. It's an object that is with you all day, every day, so expect it to *not* remain flawless.