Debunking Climate Change Denial Myths

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by joepunk, Dec 23, 2009.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Attached Files:

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If there's a hockey stick involved, it has to be true!

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

December has been the coldest in decades, sorry I turned on the heater more often and released more CO2, hopefully it will lead to more heat.

4. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

The climate's a giant sine wave and we just umped the amplitude.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I hope it brings its worst to the US this year, its ****ing cold and I like it.

6. djellison macrumors 68020

Why are you so scared of the science and how it might actually inform you of the facts.

7. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

"I'm going to ignore any data I see that doesn't support my point of view!"

So the weather is different then it has been in decades?

What's the climate like?

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Record Snow over U.S. East - NASA Earth Observatory

[​IMG]

Climate Fear Promoters Try to Spin Record Cold and Snow: 'Global warming made it less cool'
    Marc Morano
    Climate Depot
    http://www.climatedepot.com/a/2165/...old-and-Snow-Global-warming-made-it-less-cool
    The year 2009 is proving to be a yet another very inconvenient year for the promoters of man-made global warming fears. As the “year without a summer” continues, the U.S. in July alone has broken over 3000 cold temperature records, and global temps have fallen .74F since Gore's film “An Inconvenient Truth” was released in 2006. In addition, meteorologists are predicting more record cold and snow this winter. (See: Brisk July portends 'heavy snowfalls and bitter cold this winter along Eastern Seaboard') But man-made climate fear promoters have finally constructed an explanation for the recent record cold temperatures. The explanation? According to climate activists: “Global warming made it less cool.”

9. djellison macrumors 68020

One of the forecast results of Global Warming is more extreme weather conditions. More hurricanes, more cold snaps, more heat waves - all projected on top of a general trend for warming.

To try and point at a cold snap and say "Look - see - the world isn't getting hotter" is hypocrisy - THAT indeed is spin. It's wilful ignorance, and intentional misinformation. It's shameful.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There's a Monty Python sketch where a man tries to purchase an argument, but the other person just keeps saying, "No it isn't," and he ends up trying to argue the point that this isn't an argument. I don't know why I'm bringing this up... just saying.

If anything, I find the Pascal's wager by way of Dick Cheney by way of Thomas Friedman argument...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/o...l=1&adxnnlx=1261670484-Pm122QTNxcoJhkuEwXLOwg

...to be a compelling perspective that requires minimal commitment to any kind of scientific evidence. But, much like any remaining hold-outs that still believe the world is flat, that the moon landing never occurred, or that the government is hiding alien spacecraft in Nevada, I just don't care anymore.

11. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

You know marginalizing (in an internet post nonetheless) everyone who doesn't buy the sky is falling nonsense doesn't make you "right"

"Facts" are funny...they are selectively viewed, manipulated, dramatized, misunderstood etc all the time. I am pretty sure most people who are all up in arms about the climate did not arrive in that condition due to careful unbiased research of data. Most of them decided the believed it (because darnit people are BAD and especially those darn energy hog conservatives!!!) and then tried to sound smart on the internet or some interview spouting "facts".

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If we trend to colder climate temps globally your idea has been debunked. Im crossing my fingers so that this nonsense can be over with.