Decent, but not too thick film for front (only) of iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by oxfordguy, Nov 8, 2012.

1. oxfordguy macrumors 6502a

Hi - I've just got an upgrade to an iPhone 5 (also have an iPhone 4) and am going to use it with a Joli leather sleeve (http://shop.jolioriginals.com/products/iphone) in black leather/green felt (which will match my Macbook Air sleeve), as prefer using the iPhone "naked", but I would like to use a decent screen protector at least, though probably just for the glass, but I don't want anything too thick nor something that's a complete pain to out on without getting bubbles. The Bodyguardz Pure one I've read about seems crazy thick, am not sure I want that.

Any recommendations? I don't mind paying a premium for a good film, some of the cheap ones just aren't worth it in the long run.

On my iPhone 4 I have a power support anti-glare film, which has stood up well over two years, but am not sure I want such a matte look on my iPhone 5

2. ProudLoz macrumors regular

This is probably your best bet. Spigen screen protectors have always been reliable in my case. I rarely had a problem with them, if I did it was mostly my fault.

I however, would recommend the Bodyguardz Pure screen protector if money is no object. It is thick, no doubt, but not enough for it to bother me. In fact, I'm so used to it now, I hardly notice it. I also bought the Spigen aluminum buttons for the Home button, and it's a perfect combination.

Maybe you can try the Pure Glass screen protecto when Bodyguardz has a sale, their Advantage program with $13 replacements is great for those that may mess up the install. :D

3. oxfordguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Gray bishop macrumors regular

+1
    had Spigen on the 4S and now the 5; not one complaint
    aluminum button is flush with the glas t
    i cant see spending 7 more bucks for the t r