Decided to sell Aluminum Macbook....which laptop should I get now?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yanksrock100, Mar 27, 2012.

?

What laptop to replace it?

1. 11 Inch Macbook Air

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 13 Inch Macbook Air

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 13 Inch Macbook Pro

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other (please specify in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

If you saw my other post, you saw that I was thinking about selling my macbook. Well after some thought, I decided to sell it.

You can see it here if you want, it has 8 gigs of ram, lion, great condition, its really good.

But im not here to talk about that. Before I decided to sell it, I was thinking about getting an 11 inch air. But then I thought that I should get the 13 inch air, because I want a bigger screen and more storage. I will do web browsing, hold about 30 gbs of music, and minor video editing. I dont really use the optical drive much.

I'm going to buy a new one in summer, or maybe right after ML.

Should I get the 11 inch air, 13 air, or 13 inch macbook?

Thanks! :)

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

13" MBA.

Do you play many CDs/DVDs? If not, then the 13 is an easy choice.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why are you selling your current 13" MBP and what will the newer model give you that the current doesn't?

If this is going to be your main computer, think about the screen real estate. Can you comfortably live with an 11" display?

If you can live without upgrading the ram, have less USB ports, slower cpu - the 13" MBA is a great machine. Highly portable, nicely sized but you need to understand its short comings (at least what I consider short comings)