Decision to be taken: sell 2 powerbook G4 and buy a MB?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by micky744, Jul 22, 2009.

  1. micky744 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2008
    #1
    Hello hello

    I would like to ask your advice for a decision I'm not able to take by myself.

    I have to say I hate to sell my macs....that is why upgrading I have now 2 powerbook G4 (one is the 12 inches and the other is 15 inches). The 15 inches is basically the one I'm using but now is 4 years old. The 12 inches is 5 years old, but both are in perfect conditions and run well. The only problem with the 15 inches is the battery which is basically dead, whilst in the 12 inches the bactery is pretty new with 1 year life and very few cycle for the recharge. I would like to know if in your opinion is the best to sell both (even if I like my 12 inches for its portability) and buy a MB (the withe one, new or used just to buy the applecare) to upgrade and get a new system. Basically I'm using the 2 only for statistics, not a lot of graphics, PERL programming, wordprocessors, internet browsing
    Please let me know what do you think and what the price on the market could be (I'm in Europe)

    Cheers

    Micky
     
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #2
    I think you should sell. I totally understand what you're saying but the PB won't run the next OS anyway so why bother? I believe if you sell the 15" now you can at least get a few hundred pound and probably more for the 12" because it is something people still want due to the form factor.
     
  3. iMav macrumors 6502

    iMav

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2008
    Location:
    Columbus, WI
    #3
    It's really a personal decision. How bad do you want a new MacBook? And how willing are you to part with your PB's?

    (note, don't expect to get much for you current systems...)
     

Share This Page