Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

I am trying to set Outlook as my default email. I set everything up properly. However, when I press on an email it opens up the Apple Mail app instead.

On my iPad Pro I was able to fix this by deleting the Apple Mail app. However, I need to keep the Apple Mail app on my iPhone so I can use it on my watch (as it handles e-mail formatting better than outlook on a watch screen).

Can anyone replicate what is happening to me? I am curious if it is an iOS 14 bug or a bug with Outlook. Anyone try with a different email app?

Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi,

I am trying to set Outlook as my default email. I set everything up properly. However, when I press on an email it opens up the Apple Mail app instead.

On my iPad Pro I was able to fix this by deleting the Apple Mail app. However, I need to keep the Apple Mail app on my iPhone so I can use it on my watch (as it handles e-mail formatting better than outlook on a watch screen).

Can anyone replicate what is happening to me? I am curious if it is an iOS 14 bug or a bug with Outlook. Anyone try with a different email app?

Thanks
Something in the discussion at https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...os-14-can-be-set-as-default-mail-app.2254687/ might potentially be of some help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.