Defend the US-Mexico Border with Guard Towers, Searchlights, and the National Guard

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 20, 2014.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Some far-right lunatics propose spending tens of billions of dollars to do just that. You know who: the same "fiscal conservative" types who sank over $1 trillion in to Iraq and Afghanistan. I bet Halliburton is salivating over the potential contracts.

I'm all for smart and effective border policing using the latest technology; however, when the day comes that I want to live behind a barbed-wire fence I'll move to North Korea.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not for nothing, but normally posts like this should require a source for context. Have one for this?

BL.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I agree that obscure information or wild, far-out claims should be sourced. Otherwise, Google works great. For example: Rep. Steve King (R-IA) demonstrating a model of his proposed electric border fence on the House floor. Or Donald Trump claiming he will seal the US-Mexico border. Or National Review’s position on a militarized border. Or Rush, Savage, Hannity, et al. Incidentally, this isn't in reaction to Obama's pending EO. The far-right has been screaming for years to militarize the U.S. border.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Come to the uk. Effective border policing does not work!

5. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not really.. When your border is 95% water, if you don't know how to swim, you're not getting in. ;)

BL.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And no-bid, sky's the limits (bottom of the tax-payer pockets) contracts... :eek: