Delay activation Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by From A Buick 8, Nov 26, 2012.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok here is the story, I currently use a iPhone 4 with Verizon service. I have bought an iPhone 5 that I will eventually using with my Verizon plan.

I do not want to make the switch until closer to Christmas, will this be a problem, can I just leave the 5 in it box and then when I'm ready (in about 3 weeks) take it out of the box and make the switch then.

I bought the 5 at full price from a local apple store.

2. Jades macrumors 6502

If apple store asked you for your phone number and account info from Verizon, chances are once you turn on the phone it will activate under your info and transfer your number

If not, you'll be fine

Just in case it actually does transfer your number, simply call Verizon and move the number back to your other phone. No big deal, process takes no more than 5 min

3. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

A family member got a 5 through work and waited a couple weeks to get the case and screen protector they wanted. They left it in the box and just waited and there were no issues.

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

If you do not activate the phone for a while, unless it is unlocked the carrier/Apple can and will activate it for you, these activation times vary but normally take a week to a month on average.

5. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok thanks, sounds like i can just leave it in the box and as long as i do not turn it on i will be ok.

Another small question will the battery keep enough power if i just let it sit like that.

6. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I would assume so. I've never gotten an apple product not charged atleast by half.