Delay or no show of the words "Press home to open" when waking 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Low country, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Low country macrumors 6502

Anyone else?...
    Just started happening yesterday. When I press the home button once to awaken the screen it used to immediatley display "Press home to open". Now its either delayed by about 4-6 seconds or doesn't appear at all.

Not that this is important as I obviously know what to do to get to my home screen but it's yet another blatant bug that the Cupertino brain surgeons missed LOL

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I use wake to raise and don't have any lag issues.

3. Low country thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that raise feature but many times the screen turns on when I pick the phone up just to walk somewhere for example but don't want the screen turning on necessarily so I disabled that feature.

My screen lights up immediately when I press my home button but the words "Press home to open" are either delayed or don't appear at all....

4. ag29 macrumors 6502

Just use touch id. One press is all it takes.

5. Low country thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi all,
    I set up touch ID and I guess I'm a klutz....I had a very difficult time trying to open the home screen without launching siri. No matter how lightly or quickly I touched the home button, most times siri opened...Any tricks to it?
    Thanks

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

This has never happened to me. Activating Siri requires a press and hold so if you're just quickly pressing and having trouble not invoking her you may have a faulty home button.

7. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

If you are near an Apple Store maybe make a visit and see if they can show you.

8. High Desert macrumors regular

Started using "raise to wake" but found that carrying the phone in my shirt pocket, it turned every time I changed positions (leaning over, etc.). So, set up touch id. That works well about 90% of the time. Occasionally, I do get SIRI instead of phone opening up. I put that to not having my finger on the "home key" correctly. Phone is new to me, so keep trying different things. I did find that after setting up 3 or 4 fingerprints, it did open better to my home page.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Simply press the home button rather than pressing and holding it.