Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
Hi all!

I just ordered a new MBP today and the website says its not going to ship until August 27th - 30th. I was wondering if anyone knows the reason for the delays?

To be honest ... it means I should be getting a new machine and with new parts ... hopefully I'll get one that has all the display issue kinks worked out. Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 83

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Hi all!

I just ordered a new MBP today and the website says its not going to ship until August 27th - 30th. I was wondering if anyone knows the reason for the delays?

To be honest ... it means I should be getting a new machine and with new parts ... hopefully I'll get one that has all the display issue kinks worked out. Thanks!

it been that way for awhile.........just a delay..bought mine at the store....faster...

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
some ppl have had it ship the next day;;;;

And some of us waited a full six weeks to receive ours. It seems to me that either the demand is very great or there might just be a shortage of some component (like maybe the screens). I don't think any one knows for sure why some people have seen such long delays, but I can tell you the wait is really tough. And if this forum is any evidence, Apple does not ship out first ordered, first shipped.

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
To those who got theirs the next day and to those who it took longer.

How accurate is that estimated ship date? To those who had it ship the next day, did you still initially have the 7-10 day estimated ship date?

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
If you live near an Apple store just go but one. No difference between online and retail.

I got mine at the Apple store becasue im too impatient to wait for one to ship...

**** that

rankadmiral

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2006
ordered 8/8, ship to window 8/17-8/21

ordered mine on 8/8 and was given a ship window of 8/17-8/21... seems like the lead time is just getting longer. i'm actually considering cancelling my order and getting one from amazon... ridiculous that you can get one in a couple of days from amazon but ordering through apple takes 2 weeks.

looking4anotebo

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2007
The 17" model is not in such high demand compared to the 15" models, thus the former is shipping a lot quicker.

High demand, lcd shortage, and many, many orders to fill all around the world....it's pretty easy to see why there is roughly a 10 day delay on shipping a 15" MBP.

ggman

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
ordered mine on 8/8 and was given a ship window of 8/17-8/21... seems like the lead time is just getting longer. i'm actually considering cancelling my order and getting one from amazon... ridiculous that you can get one in a couple of days from amazon but ordering through apple takes 2 weeks.

that's better than mine. I ordered it on 8/4 and was given a ship window of 8/17-8/23. wtf?!?!

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Well 10-15 days is still much better than what I was going through with Dell. They are back ordered almost a full month and a half. Thats why I cancelled my order with Dell and decided to go with the MacBook Pro today.

Tom McMahon

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Cybergypsy, Florida Mall or Millenia?

I did the same thing, was going to order online....said "two weeks?!, the hell with that!" Drove over to Millenia, picked her up, drove home...done and done!

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
that's better than mine. I ordered it on 8/4 and was given a ship window of 8/17-8/23. wtf?!?!

8/17-8/23 is my deliver window and I ordered on the 5th...plus...my status has yet to change from "Not yet shipped"...this waiting is starting to kill me, i keep refreshing my order status like every 15 minutes

Edit: i would have loved to be able to pick one up at the nearby store, but they were sold out and said they didnt have a clue when they'd be getting more.

ajonesman

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2004
So ... what's the shortage? Is it the displays? GPU cards? Hard Drives?

Seems like if a shortage is widespread and affecting other manufacturers like Dell then there ought to have been some kind of news coverage ... (or does anyone read news outside of MR's? :rolleyes:

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
I went yesterday to get my mbp and was told they had sold out earlier that day. They said they would call me tomorrow to pick up one up. I went earlier when they opened and got one when they got the shipment in. This shortage is even happening at some stores.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Hi all!

Inventory probably has become constrained as they are having to set aside enough inventory to replace systems that have been purchased that have 1 dead pixel, or it is making a "funny noise", or the screen looks yellow, or maybe because the screen looks darker on the top then on the bottom. Then again there might be a twist tie missing on the powercord, how about "I know something must be wrong because I read on MacRumors that I must have a problem".:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.