General Delete a repo, what happens to the tweaks I installed from it

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjusmo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jjusmo macrumors regular

Question in the title, I somehow managed to get over the package limit and now cydia can't load anything..

2. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Nothing. Your tweaks will stay on the phone, but you won't be notified of updates.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I downloaded a font with Bytafont2 and as soon as the font is sprung on my iPhone I delete Bytafont2 (don't want the icon).

The font stays.

Same with repos added.

Even iCleanerPro won't 'delete' the tweaks you've added with the repo now off your iDevice.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the reason why is that is true is because bytafont doesn't change your font using cydiasubstrate. it actually modifies the system files

fortunately, there are checks within bytafont before you can apply a font. but in the past, if you applied a font that was ported incorrectly, you could essentially be forced to restore in order to bring it back to a usable state since safe mode or mobilesubstrate disabled mode would be useless against it

this isn't true for cydiasubstrate tweaks. their preference files remain but if you uninstall the app, that preference file doesn't do anything