Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
I'm trying to delete items from my recent searches in Maps using the instructions on Apples Help pages like this:

The searches keep reappearing, which is really frustrating. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just my iOS install that is borked?

The only way to clear the search history in Maps is to delete the app and reinstall it. But that clears all entries while I only want to remove some of them.

JR17358

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
Florida
I had the same thing happen to me. It turned out that I had a search location that had synced from my phone to a Macbook and the Macbook was turned off when I deleted it from the phone so the search was never deleted and it kept resyncing back to the phone.

MilaM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
That's an intersting explanation. But the thing is, my maps history has never synced to my other devices. I have iCloud Drive as well as Maps toggle disabled in iCloud settings.

Also the entries reappear instantly, not after some syncing event.

I hope this is not going to be bug that lingers in iOS for years. I have collected to many of those already.

panar

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
It’s driving me crazy. I have 4 entries that I cannot delete from either my iPhone or my iPad

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
This was an issue back when iOS12 first came out if I remember correctly...it was obviously fixed though. And I just tried it on my phone and it's working fine. iPhone Xs Max running latest beta (13.4 beta 2)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.