Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DylanG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Anyone have a tip for making this work consistently. About half the time I either do a little scroll or end up going into the message. I feel like a tard.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I found that if you swipe from half way and make sure your finger swipes off the screen then it works better.

eescabar

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (ipwn: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

powerocool said:
I found that if you swipe from half way and make sure your finger swipes off the screen then it works better.

I found the opposite to be true. Start at the beginning of the message and swipe half way. Seems to work best for me

It is a pain to delete only one email at a time. I had to start filtering all me email via gmail. I get a dump truck full of spam from a via a non- profit address that fowards to me!!!!

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

what I noticed is that while the mail program is updating, the delete swipe is less responsive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.