Deleted cydia from iPhone 4 accidentally, I have my shsh saved on cydia file! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ferri1c, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ferri1c macrumors member

I have iPhone 4 version 4.0.1. I deleted cydia on accident by erasing some packages. I needed to erase packages because my phone was stuck in safe mode after downloading some themes( I think I downloaded old programs that were only for OS 3.)Anyways now my phone is still stuck in safe mode and Cydia is erased from my phone but some of my jailbroken apps are still working in safe mode. I already tried to use the terminal but it did not work. I don't want to lose my jailbreak. My shsh is saved on cydia from when I jail broke it. It's 4.0.1 However I have no idea on what my steps are to get it back. Also I DON'T want my phone to download the new update on iTunes as I know there is no jailbreak available. I'm not the most technical savy individual but I can follow instructions. PLEASE someone help me out and tell me the steps on what to do!!! Please explain as simple as possible....I'm assuming it will have something to do with a restore? Oh will I have to buy all my cydia apps again after the restore?
    Thank you in advance

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you won't have to pay again for your Cydia apps.
    Just use tinyumbrella and restore it to 4.0.1 and then jb.

3. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Ok great! Does that mean I should follow the procedure that's a sticky on how to restore a iPhone? Do I do that process first, and then go on my PC and use Tiny Umbrella with my phone connected to the PC? After all that go back to jailbreakme.com? Please explain! I don't want to screw things up even more! How easy is using tiny umbrella? Is it self explanatory?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Repost X per day.

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    9) Using safari on the phone, go to jailbreakme.com to JB.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Generally great instructions, but I wouldn't suggest people install random firmware they found on Google. Much safer to send them to http://theiphonewiki.com/, which is a trusted source of info and will link people to the official apple downloads.

7. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all of you for your advice. I am going to attempt this soon. Just 1more really stupid question. Is my first step, number 1 from the tiny umbrella post by Myzhi, or is my first step to to restore it based on the sticky thread thats on the first page of the iphone hack forum? Or are the instructions that were posted to me every step I'll need to have a successful restore.
    Thank you for being so kind!

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Start with running TU like Myzhi said.
    You wont be able to restore it without that running.

9. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Ok I am currently on step 7. when i clicked start "TSS Server" it just keeps on running with a green line from one end to the next. Its been 10 mins. Should I be doing something while this is happening? Is this when i should click on that link that applejuiced left? I know I'm almost finished just confused at the end. Thanks a million everyone for being so patient with me:)

10. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Oh just to clarify what the log is stuck on.......09/28/2010 14:44:13.000 TSS Server Started! 09/28/2010 14:44:13.015 TSS Accepting connections... this is where im stuck and it just keeps running.

11. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Now, go into iTunes and restore with firmware file you downloaded (link Applejuiced provided).

12. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Ok so I clicked on restore and then clicked on DO NOT backup. Now it says "are you sure you want to restore the iphone to factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased, and the newest version of iphone software will be installed." I can either click on restore and update or cancel. I will wait till someone confirms that I should click restore and update. I'm just worried because there was no oppertunity to use that file i downloaded that was provided by applejuiced. Thank You hopefully I'm almost finished.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you dont update to the latest 4.1 thru itunes.
    You were supposed to hold the shift or option key and click restore.
    Just hitting restore thru itunes will not let you select the 4.0.1 ipsw you donwloaded and will put you in the latest iphone firmware.
    Cancell it and start the whole thing again.

14. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

ok I'm glad i waited. Sorry but what and where is the **** key or the option key? Is it in Itunes somewhere? I'll start all over again. Should I also click the DO NOT back up button as well?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The shift and option key is on your keyboard bro:D
    You Hold down shift and click restore if you're using windows or hold down option if you're on a Mac.
    You can let it go on and do the backup it doesnt really matter.

16. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Haha ohh man sorry I'm an idiot. Maybe pain Meds and a shoulder surgery made me a bit slowwwww today. Ok so when I hit shift and restore a pop up box opens....The top field is a look in: and by default it keeps saying "My videos" The next field is File name: which is blank, and the last field is Files of type: which says by default iPod/iPhone/iPad Software files (.ipsw). So I entered the letter A thinking it needs to be named, and when i did and hit open it says: The iphone could not be restored because the firmware s not compatible. Then i hit more info and it says The URL can not be opened. So obviously I entered something wrong at the end maybe the A? I'm using a PC so what would u reccommend? Am I almost finished? I know to repeat all the previous steps once I know how to finish it.

17. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Where did you downloaded the firmware file to on your computer? When that restore window opens, you need to browse to that location on your computer and select that file. Sorry, but this is pretty basic computer stuff. You might want to get someone more knowledgable to do this.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    If you can't locate where you saved the ipsw and select it you won't get much further.

19. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Ok well I really I appreciate all of you're help. At least I know what to do now. Now i'll just look around my computer to find that file. Thanks alot again.

20. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Ok i found the file...everything was cool until the halfway point it stopped and said couldnt connect with URL. I used the "kick out of recovery mode option" and that worked. My phone looks like it has been restored everything is simple again. Should i go to jailbreakme.com now or do I need to keep doing all these steps until it completes without an error? Is this common?

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you're on th right track now. Just jb with jailbreakme and unlock if you want with ultrasnow.

22. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Last question I promise.....Repeat those steps again until it completes without having to use "kick out of recovery...? or do i just go ahead with jailbreakme now and not worry that I used "kick out of recovery". Thanks Applejuiced and Myzhi!!!!!!!

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No you're good. You don't have to do it again.
    Just go ahead and jb it now.

24. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!!!!:D