Deleted 'Little Snitch' but it still notifies me to purchase! Help me delete it!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S-Man, Sep 23, 2009.

1. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

I installed Little Snitch last week and it ran ok, then the "Trial" ran out and it kept shutting down and popping up notifications to register and purchase to keep using.
    I sent the app to the trash can and emptied it. However it still pops up notifications to register, and the little "!" icon is in the top bar.
    How Do I delete this annoying little app?
    Thanks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried reinstalling and removing it with an App like AppZapper or AppTrap?

3. S-Man thread starter macrumors regular

S-Man

Doh! I re-DL'd it and tried running the DMG. It said it was already installed and gave me the option to uninstall it. So I think that did it. Thanks peeps.

4. Rory Bhoy macrumors newbie

Rory Bhoy

Thanks for that information, and thanks for the original post highlighting this very same problem I had with an application.

I downloaded AppCleaner (Free) and the annoying window asking me to buy said product has now vanished at startup.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Works like magic. :D I like apptrap because it runs all the time, and automatically runs when you drag an app to the trash. So that no third party is needed to be opened in advance.

6. Rory Bhoy macrumors newbie

Rory Bhoy

I've installed AppTrap because I'm a lazy sod! :D cheers. ;)