Deleting info

sweet apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
I am new, so I hope it's not a stupid question.
What is the best way to delete info from your iPhone? Directly from the iPhone or connecting it to the computer and then straight to the trash bin?

Thanks...

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
What is the best way to delete info from your iPhone? Directly from the iPhone or connecting it to the computer and then straight to the trash bin?

Thanks...
It depends on the "info" you're trying to delete. Give us some more information such as what you're trying to get rid of.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008

Thanks...
Are you trying to erase your whole phone? If so go to Settings > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

sweet apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Thanks for your responses.
I am talking about mp3 files , photos and videos.

I was thinking that if I will delete it from my phone something will still stay there and will slow my phone with time.

That why I asked if it's better to connect it to the computer, and from the iTunes straight to the trash.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

I was thinking that if I will delete it from my phone something will still stay there and will slow my phone with time.

That why I asked if it's better to connect it to the computer, and from the iTunes straight to the trash.
I don;t believe you can delete mp3 files and videos (aside from those you record yourself) directly from the phone.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Why would mp3's, videos or photos slow down your phone?
And no you don't delete them by putting them to the recycle bin.
You uncheck The folders and files you don't want to sync any more and iTunes removes them.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Umm delete your photos and videos directly from the phone in the photos app. Delete your mp3s by swiping them and deleting them in the music app. They will not slow down your phone. I'm not even sure why you would think that.

sweet apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Umm delete your photos and videos directly from the phone in the photos app. Delete your mp3s by swiping them and deleting them in the music app. They will not slow down your phone. I'm not even sure why you would think that.
I thought so, because people says, that a lot of info on the iPhone slow it down. I am new, that's why I ask :)

Thank you.

sweet apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Thanks man...

sweet apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Why would mp3's, videos or photos slow down your phone?
And no you don't delete them by putting them to the recycle bin.
You uncheck The folders and files you don't want to sync any more and iTunes removes them.
Thank you man.
Now, what about the Apps?
What's the best way to delete those?
Or there is only one way and it's straight from your phone...

kylebshr

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
Tennessee
I don;t believe you can delete mp3 files and videos (aside from those you record yourself) directly from the phone.
not true as of iOS 5.

----------

There is no difference.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Thank you man.
Now, what about the Apps?
What's the best way to delete those?
Or there is only one way and it's straight from your phone...
Just hold down on one of the icons on your phone until they wiggle then tap the X to delete apps. Then hit the home button to stop the wiggling.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I thought so, because people says, that a lot of info on the iPhone slow it down.
No, this isn't true. Storing a little or a lot of data on your iPhone's flash storage isn't going to change its speed much.

What can slow down the iPhone is having a lot of apps open and running at once and taking up RAM. But that's easily solved by quitting those apps, not deleting them.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
To delete songs individually on the iPod app on iOS 5, just swipe to the right on each song and hit the red Delete button. (one of the hidden iOS 5 features :))

Not recommended if you have a lot of songs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.