Deleting multiple emails at once

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spin360, Dec 15, 2011.

1. spin360 macrumors member

I searched using Google (site:... method) and the site's native search function and did not find the answer. I am trying to find out if there is an easier way to delete multiple messages at once. My only options at the bottom of the Mail screen are Archive (what the heck is this anyway?), Move, and Mark.

It would be nice if there was a Delete button instead of Move. Have any of you guys come up with a quicker solution?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Archive is Google's method of Delete.You set up Gmail by picking "G-Mail" right? I think you need to set it up as 'Exchange' to get it to give you a delete button.

I THINK that if you set it up this way you'll get what you want:
    http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

But I can't promise. Anyone else know for sure that this method gives a delete button?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you using GMail? This:

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97990

Should still work to switch your account to delete messages instead of archiving them. Archive is sort of the "preferred" alternative to deleting in GMail -- it keeps the messages out of the inbox, but doesn't delete them, based on the idea that Google wants you to keep every message you ever receive and not delete anything.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

5. spin360 thread starter macrumors member

Great! That worked perfectly by sliding the Archive option to Off. I will mess with the Exchange stuff when I get home from work. Thanks guys!

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If the delete button is all you wanted then you don't have to change anything else if you don't want to.

I like using Exchange, but if you solved your only problem you're probably fine as you are.