Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
That's weird.. I ordered last night and it showed 2 weeks shipping but checked this morning and was bumped up to deliver 9/21.

How can yours be pushed even further back when the website still shows 2 weeks?

Umm..oct 5 is exactly 2 weeks from the 21st.

----------

I have a feeling the "ships 2 weeks" will be delivered on 9/2-

I dont think so. If it doesn't say the 21st, it's not included in the launch day group. I remember the same thing last year.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
So much for pre-ordering at 3am CST. Its now showing up as it delivers Oct 6. ): Oh well, nothing we can do.

did you call apple??

My ipad 3 said it was pushed back when i preordered mine, it ended up right on launch day :)

my tracking # never worked either

call apple if you havent!!

AsianChexMix

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2009
Being new to this whole preorder thing, I decided to call to check in to see if there was anything I can do. I asked them about the delivery date and the representative told me that all orders made today will be delivered by September 21, 22 or 24 (Friday, Saturday and Monday respectively).

I know it's hard to believe representatives but perhaps this is the hope for us who have that October shipping date. Pardon my noobiness but are Apple reps knowledgable or are they like other reps who know nothing?

leoneedees

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
Being new to this whole preorder thing, I decided to call to check in to see if there was anything I can do. I asked them about the delivery date and the representative told me that all orders made today will be delivered by September 21, 22 or 24 (Friday, Saturday and Monday respectively).

I know it's hard to believe representatives but perhaps this is the hope for us who have that October shipping date. Pardon my noobiness but are Apple reps knowledgable or are they like other reps who know nothing?

It would be nice if this were to happen as I'm currently on an Oct 2nd delivery. I know in the past Apple has been generous with delivery dates so that's another sign for hope. In the end, whether I receive my phone on the 21st or within the first week or so it won't be the end of the world. I'll be able to wait, though an earlier delivery will be a pleasant surprise and very much welcomed.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
People ,this is what marketing is all about(apple style), they will push it to two weeks to get all the major tv networks to announce the big sell out which makes people very curious and wanting to buy one too! A lot of people will get it before their delivery date states!

Last edited:

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Umm..oct 5 is exactly 2 weeks from the 21st.

----------

I dont think so. If it doesn't say the 21st, it's not included in the launch day group. I remember the same thing last year.

Apple always over estimates shipping times. My brother ordered a retina mbp, was 3-4 weeks delivery, got it in 8 days.

Am I saying for sure it will happen? No, but I bet some will get in on 9/21. In a few threads people had their dates already change.

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere

This is exactly what I believe is going to be taking place for most of the October crew. Myself included. :)

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Anyone remember when people who ordered just after the 4s sold out got theirs?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Apple always over estimates shipping times. My brother ordered a retina mbp, was 3-4 weeks delivery, got it in 8 days.

Am I saying for sure it will happen? No, but I bet some will get in on 9/21. In a few threads people had their dates already change.

Yeah, no doubt. Some dates will change. But for the vast majority that got in late, 2 weeks after launch is realistic. This is shaping up to be bigger then the iPad 1 back order debacle. And Apple is more famous for not having a hot, new product for longer then anticipated then they are shipping it early.

Last week I would have bet the house that the iPhone 5 wasn't going to be "hotter" (initial preorders) then the 4. Now I'm thinking its gonna blow it away. That is so crazy!! Apple can do no wrong right now!

Good luck, though. Hope it does come early for u.

----------

Like I just said, there are some who will get lucky. But the reason I get up at 3am for every launch is because if u miss it, it could be a month before you get it. Remember iPad 1? I never believed this launch would be this big, let alone sell out in 4 hrs. And there's no "apple purposely made a short supply to draw publicity" BS. Apple wouldn't do anything like that nowadays. They have publicity out the wazoo. You will see next week that this iPhone has crushed every other iPhone by a mile. All u October guys will get the phone in a couple weeks, no doubt. But I have a feeling that this iPhone is going to be sold out for a while.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
did you call apple??

My ipad 3 said it was pushed back when i preordered mine, it ended up right on launch day :)

my tracking # never worked either

call apple if you havent!!

Honesty? I'm really not bothered by it. It's to bad, but it is what it is. As long as I have an iPhone 5 coming to me, I'm good. I'm not one of these spoiled Apple fanboys who HAS TO HAVE IT LAUNCH DAY.

My reason for pre-ordering what actually not to receive it launch day, but more to reserve me an actual phone. I'm sure stores will sell out very quickly following the 21st. Probably won't have another batch in until after Oct 5.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Honesty? I'm really not bothered by it. It's to bad, but it is what it is. As long as I have an iPhone 5 coming to me, I'm good. I'm not one of these spoiled Apple fanboys who HAS TO HAVE IT LAUNCH DAY.

My reason for pre-ordering what actually not to receive it launch day, but more to reserve me an actual phone. I'm sure stores will sell out very quickly following the 21st. Probably won't have another batch in until after Oct 5.

I agree , we have lived without this product for decades so what is a few extra days or weeks :D

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I agree , we have lived without this product for decades so what is a few extra days or weeks :D

I'm in no hurry. Have my 4S so I'm more than good. Not to mention AT&T doesn't have LTE here. Now if they did it would be another story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.