Delivery confirmation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Suno, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I use Verizon. And for anyone who doesn't know, most Verizon phones have a basic delivery confirmation program that works for M2M (mobile 2 mobile, aka Verizon to Verizon). If the receiver successfully received your message, a small check mark appears next to the text on your phone. If their phone was off or for whatever reason they didn't get it yet, an arrow is shown indicating that they have not yet received the text.

Besides iMessage, is there a jailbreak app that would show a similar type of delivery confirmation for non-iPhones on M2M?

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I don't know of one unless you use one of the messaging apps on cydia. They may have this feature.

3. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I does beggar belief that a feature I had on early Nokia`s is STILL absent from the iPhone.
    Where the hell are text delivery reports...

4. Suno thread starter macrumors 6502

Suno

I know, it's pretty sad. I was one of the early adopters for the first iPhone and for anyone who remembers (or didn't know), multimedia message, i.e., sending pictures, etc., weren't implemented yet. Apple got heaps of criticisms for that. While the delivery confirmation obviously isn't as big of a deal as MMS, it still does raise the question on why some basic functions available on even the oldest phones still aren't present on the iPhone.

5. matttye macrumors 601

I got the iPhone either on release day or a few days after here in the uk, and it was missing the most basic of features. You couldn't send to multiple recipients and you couldn't forward a message!!

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I juat don't think the demand for this is high enough. I have been with the iPhone since the launch of the original, and on forums almost as long. This is literally the second times I have seen anyone ask. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that your wishes are illegitimate, but Apple tries to implement features the majority wants (and often times not even those ROFL!)

7. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

It may be a "minority feature" in your opinion but that hasn`t stopped pretty much every other smartphone platform from adopting it.
    My Android HTC would give me delivery reports.

I have a friend who works and sleeps odd hours, switching off his phone when he goes to sleep.
    Send him a text, when I get the report I know he`s awake again. Useful.
    Also stops people denying that they have been sent a message...

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's a legitimate request. I am not downplaying it. I am just stating that with Apple's track record it seems to take a LOT of complaining about a lack of a feature for them to implement it. I don't see this as a huge complaint by a large amount of people, thus my prediction is that we won't see it implemented any time soon, especially with their new iMessage feature.

9. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

I was under the impression the delivery report was a carrier implemented feature and not a phone specific. To my knowledge, I've never seen one prior to iMessage on AT&T/Cingular.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's twofold. The carrier certainly has to support it, but so does the phone you are using, on a software level. I have not seen it on AT&T, though that doesn't mean it isn't available. It is simply not something I have cared about. I don't even have it turned on in iMessage. Personally I view it as a nuisance because I cannot claim I didn't read the message and I am expected to respond quickly if it is known that I did. ;)