Delivery thursday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobbba, Jul 9, 2008.

1. bobbba macrumors regular

So now some of us are receiving the tracking numbers do you think they will ship for delivery on thursday or is it just prep work for a friday delivery?

Anybody have any pointers as to which it is?

2. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Well, my friend has her tracking number and it says it's currently at the Leeds depot.

I *think* DHL must be holding them back at the depots until the relevant day to ship them out for Friday, but I could be wrong and they all may turn up on Thursday... which won't do a lot of good as you won't be able to activate them until Friday.

3. drpellypo macrumors 6502

I send with DHL nearly every day, and items don't appear on tracking til after they've left me, and are on the way to my customer. However, O2 may have an arrangement with DHL to hold these until Friday. Best thing to do is check tracking again early tomorrow (like 6am) and see if it's moved. If it has, delivery will be Thursday. I highly doubt that's going to happen though.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

My question is, what happens if you accidentally get the phone early. Will you be able to activate it ? :D

5. drpellypo macrumors 6502

If you can get a hold of 7.7, then yes, I imagine you can. However, that's not released yet.

6. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I agree that I think o2 will have told DHL not to deliver until Friday however if it transported over night to our local depots then maybe it will be delivered after all mistakes do happen!

I did speak to a lady at o2 earlier who seemed to think that phones would be delivered Thursday and Friday to customers so who knows!

As far as activation goes - we do need iTunes 7.7 for that however that is 99% going to be out tonight as MobileMe launches in 5 hours at 6pm PST in the US and requires iTunes 7.7 and Firmware 2.0 to work... so expect it tonight (but I could be wrong! but MM is definately starting today!).

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

like the guy above said, it will be released tonight

if something goes wrong, just use the leaked copy - search the forum for it