Dell 24" Sale- Good Monitor for Photography?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by uMac, Aug 14, 2007.

1. uMac macrumors 6502

On sale today for $600 is the DELL 2407WFP-HC 24" Digital Wide-Screen Flat Panel

Is this good for Mac & Photography work (Using Photoshop of Course). Anyone using one of these?

Thanks!

uMac

2. munckee macrumors 65816

I have one for photo and design work. I don't know if its the HC version or not (I bought it lightly used for $525), but it's been great for my needs so far.

3. daxdagr8t macrumors member

it needs to be calibrated proplerly because it is very very bright. Its blast connected to a xbox 360 though :).

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I'm using the non-HC version for photography work and getting good results. I tuned it with an Eye-One and update it (hardly any changes) every two months or so.

See, the thing about 24" screens is after a few months you think that you really should have gone for the 30". ;)

5. wako macrumors 65816

same problem with the 20''...

After a couple months you wish you had gone with the 24''.... damnit...

I might as well just give up and just go buy a Samsung 100'' LCD screen TV

6. mistuk macrumors member

I've got the non-HC one, but have yet to buy any calibration device for it. Any chance you could share your 2407 settings so I could give them a go on mine to see what it looks like?

Cheers,

Kev

7. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

No prob. I haven't calibrated in a few months now, but this is what I use.

If you're doing serious photography work, I'd suggest an investment in a eye-one, or at least borrow one from someone every now and then. Your ambient lighting is going to affect profiles somewhat.

Anyway, cheers and hope it works for you.
    -ab

Attached Files: