Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I know Apple's tech support says the MacBook can power the 1920x1200 resolution, but I just curious to hear from anyone that actually has this setup, and how it's working for them? Any lag, issues (not with the 2407 itself, or the MacBook itself, but with the two together)?

Seems like that big of a monitor might be taxing on the integrated graphics, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Sence you have 2gbs of ram it should be fine. It will deffienly be slower than just the 13" and I would recomend using it in clamshell mode.

NorCalLights

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
xfiftyfour said:
I know Apple's tech support says the MacBook can power the 1920x1200 resolution, but I just curious to hear from anyone that actually has this setup, and how it's working for them?

With 2gb of ram you'll be more than fine. *Maybe* if you're playing a game put it in clamshell mode, but you certainly won't notice any difference in day to day use.

YoNeX

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2005
Well I got a 2.0 Ghz 1.2GB ram and a 2007WFP (1680x1050) and I noticed it struggle just a little bit loading Front Row, not that laggy, but slightly noticeable. Granted it might be because I don't have enough ram, I just thought that I would throw this in there. You should be fine with your 2Gb of ram though.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Thanks for all the input, guys. The order shipped today (yesterday, I guess technically), so I guess I ought to know sometime this week (hopefully) how it'll work.

I'll be sure to post back on how it is..! :)

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Do let us know how it works out for you.

I'm keen to match my MacBook to an external but when I plugged it into my flatmate's 20" Acer it wouldn't display in widescreen - just stretched 4:3. It looked rubbish.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Hey, just a quick update: I got the 24" earlier today and it's AMAZING. Much larger than I'd imagined, too. It works flawlessly with the MB.. I now use the MB in clamshell mode when it's plugged in to everything. I haven't noticed any performance loss whatsoever (my biggest concern), and it displayed widescreen immediately (sunfast, I'm not sure why that Acer wouldn't?).

If anyone is considering it but still on the fence, I definitely recommend it! Huge upgrade from the 1907fp I was using before. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.